Lightweight Electric Vehicles

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Lightweight Electric Vehicles

Post by AndyKK »

There's an interesting place not far from me

KiNG Scooter Cambodia
096 224 0195
https://maps.app.goo.gl/qm1mR8au4UQgecQk7
Always "hope" but never "expect".
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by beaker »

ressl wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:22 am
beaker wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:05 pm Just off the top of my head I would say 3000w motor, 60 v battery at ~60-100 amps but then you run into problems with handling and stability.
I am just working on a prototype looking like a Bajaj with 3.5kW motor, 60V and 75Ah battery capable of quick charge (ordinary 8-10 hours at home, so that the plug doesn't melt and the street doesn't go dark, and at set up charging stations with sufficient power available charging at 1C). If someone is keen for early testing, drop me a message. I assume we get it on the road by end of this year, but getting parts has already delayed the whole project a lot
Using a reverse trike base would be much more stable simple with no drive-train to set up using dual front hub motors. The instant power/torque put out by electric motors would end up rolling a conventional trike on its side starting out with the wheel turned
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Vendor from the OP, they seem to sell a lot of these- claim to offer full service for all e-bikes and similar
https://www.facebook.com/loyal555561

Cambo Dear
Expatriate
Libya

Post by Cambo Dear »

It looks like a disability scooter and a golf cart had a hideous baby.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

yep.
I notice most of their customers are elderly Khmer Chen.
Lots in provinces.
They just opened their 6th shop in PP
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Google maps
Used Goods buy and sell in Phnom Penh
https://used-goods-buy-and-sell-in-phno ... m=referral

Electric bikes from Japan
Always "hope" but never "expect".