Kampot Thieves Steal Brightly Colored Chip Shop

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Kampot Thieves Steal Brightly Colored Chip Shop

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:47 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:09 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:00 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:30 pm Hate to say this, but I suppose it will be burnt down for scrap metal unless someone finds it very soon.
What a bloody waste. That's great piece of work. Condolences to the owner.
I reckon off with the giant fries prop and a swift respray and she'll be in business in Snooky in no time

Lol, bang on the money
You haven’t by any chance got next weeks winning lottery numbers?😉
Switched to DeFi based lossless lotteries last year, earn okay apy and free entry into prize draws worth six figures each week;)

https://app.pooltogether.com/
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

For what it’s worth, here’s another picture, the big apartment blocks might help the owner pinpoint the spot where the cart is parked/trading.
lipservice
Expatriate

Post by lipservice »

I can't wait for the 2-week tourists to turn up. Do they still carry a selfie stick ?
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Is that Elvis serving the chips ?
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Damn good detective work ! :thumb: Hope that we will get a follow-up on this and the guy gets his chip shop back.
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

Police have been contacted by the owner with the information and photo from above
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Chad Sexington wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:57 pm Image
For what it’s worth, here’s another picture, the big apartment blocks might help the owner pinpoint the spot where the cart is parked/trading.
What are the odds?
Was just riding along route 3 between Kampot & Sihaoukville and what do I see but the cart hitched to a bike ridden by a barang stopped at the side of the road.
Pulled over to congratulate him on its recovery, turns out he was a friend of the owner driving it back to Kampot. He seemed a little stressed out, not sure if it was bike issues or shitty road issues, but he was keen to get moving again.
He did have time to say that the kart had been moved from where I’d spotted it, and that he’d had a bit of a wild goose chase tracking it down again, but he found it in the end👍
Hopefully the next time I stumble across it I can buy myself some chips😋
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

Hopefully next time the owner can offer you free chippys for life ... chances of someone seeing this here then spotting it and taking the time to help the owner get it back WOW amazing job done
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

"...so I stopped to secure the hitch, and this guy pulls up, gets out and says 'ah, the stolen chippie wagon, eh?' I nearly made a run for it, and he says 'congratulations on your reuniting'. He could see my beads of sweat, so I blurted out the first think that came to me; 'I nearly shit all over the bike, so I pulled over for a dung-out and am looking for some tissues'. I was so nervous it came as a blubbering mess which he thought was something about bike issues and shit roads. Close call..."

Seriously, glad to hear you are, or almost, back in business. Somehow, I think this is not going to adversely affect your trade. Congratulations on your successful venture, in advance.

Fast forward to 2027..

"...Yes, well thank you for this award for the World's Richest Man. It will compliment my previous Biggest-Ever Chip-Head, Chip off the Odd Sock, and the Chip Hot, Hot Chip trophies. Ironically, my fortune was made possible through misfortune, at the end of NOVID, as we now refer to it, in a small town in the south of Cambodia..."
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

If this is the cart in question (I think it is) it’s currently parked on the new beach road at Otres, Sihanoukville.
It’s had a very rough Matt black paint job in an attempt to disguise it but the paint is peeling already revealing it’s true colors.
I don’t do Facebook etc so can someone please pass this message on to the real owner👍
Well done!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic