Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Re: Cambodia to reopen to Tourists

Post by donner-kruger »

mannanman wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:59 am Imagine how sick he’d be if he wasn’t vaxxed?

Possibly.
Lots of people who are not don’t get sick, true, but what about in two or five years?
By then the vaccine won't do much to protect you from the virus. And possibly you would have acquired it naturally several times already.
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:21 am something not being discussed is air travel;
Take Cambodia
if ur vaccinated u spend 3, 7 days quarantine, BUT if ur unvaccinated its still 14 days
so on ur flight you might be siting next to unvaccinated people. OR will people be segregated on the flight?
Siting on the plane u'll be safer cause of the air circulation but what about check in, siting in the departure hall/boarding?

although everyone needs a pre covid test within 72 hours of arrival.

How long are these vaccines valid for? ur coming up soon to people that have had their shots 10 + months ago
have read vaccines lose there efficiency in less than 6 months

Lots of questions before many will feel save travelling again
This is why vaccinating the general population is pointless. Vaccinating people in risk groups in conjunction with booster shots every 6 months would have sufficed.
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

Hi
I'm planning on coming to Cambodia soon on a Tr visa

I'm coming from Thailand will I need that Yellow passport style certificate or Vaccination or will my certificate of Vaccination from the hospital be OK to travel? Thanks
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

donner-kruger wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:04 pmvaccinating the general population is pointless.
Christ, first the White Helmets conspiracy theory nonsense and now this. Did you literally just come to this forum to repeat utter unscientific bollocks you see on fringe blogs?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:52 pm Hi
I'm planning on coming to Cambodia soon on a Tr visa

I'm coming from Thailand will I need that Yellow passport style certificate or Vaccination or will my certificate of Vaccination from the hospital be OK to travel? Thanks
The official certificate of Vaccination is all that's required, I have seen the pictures you posted elsewhere and it meets the minimum requirements as per the MoH's SOP on entry requirements.

P.S. no such thing as a Tr Visa, the 2 options for a Tourist Visa are

1. T-type (Tourist) Visa:
Must be applied for in advance from a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate as Visas in Arrival currently remain suspended.

2. e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa):
Must be applied for from the official e-Visa website, evisa.gov.kh
Happy2
Tourist
St Lucia

Post by Happy2 »

Ahyou!whyme? wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:44 am
BongSamlang wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:21 pm Hi, I'm stuck for 1/5 years in europe. I left cambodia on March 10th 2020 for Europe to finish some business here and now i can't come back to my wife and my 2 stepchildren. I'm really desperate slowly, even thinking to open a import /export company so i can come back to Cambodia to be reunited with my family. Anyone know if thats sufficient to get a visa to visit or stay with my family? The requirements to travel on a business visa also require a tax statement for the years past but if i open a new company we can't provide the statement.
Any clues what i should do?

I'm in Austria btw. If that helps?

Thanks so much
You're better asking on the Cambodia Visa and Work Permit Group on Facebook. People on there will point you in the right direction. I'm not 100%, but I think some embassies might issue a visa to someone in your situation. Good luck.
I’ve tried searching for the Cambodia visa and work permit group on Facebook but no results came up. Any idea why? Do you need an invitation or know someone who is inside already?
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Happy2 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:05 am I’ve tried searching for the Cambodia visa and work permit group on Facebook but no results came up. Any idea why? Do you need an invitation or know someone who is inside already?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/333901840112789/
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Happy2
Tourist
St Lucia

Post by Happy2 »

timmydownawell wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:47 am
Happy2 wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:05 am I’ve tried searching for the Cambodia visa and work permit group on Facebook but no results came up. Any idea why? Do you need an invitation or know someone who is inside already?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/333901840112789/

This is what I get when I follow the link
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Are you logged in to FB?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

nemo wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:45 am Are you logged in to FB?
LOL. Good one. No problem accessing the Cambodia Visa group when logged into FB:

https://web.facebook.com/groups/333901840112789
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic