Looking for a reputable Customs clearance agent

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Looking for a reputable Customs clearance agent

Post by ressl »

Ozinasia wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:52 am bloody codes correct code is HS code is 8703800000 if 55%
I am dead in the water wont work .
Other countries even Philippines its half that given Governments are supposed to be supporting the use of electric vehicles in Europe and I know no comparison most are NON VAT, most import duty free and even many offer subsidies.
10% special tax :facepalm: holy moly
nope wont happen if this is the case .
I need to dig deeper
Checking your PM appreciate it
It is not just like that. I am in the electric mobility business and importing cars can sum up to 110% on taxes, fees and other expenses (including those insane minimum prices Bluenose was referring to). Do shipping by any means on land (I assume you bought in China), not by sea fright. If you have to use sea fright for whatever reason, ship to Phnom Penh, not to Sihanoukville.

@Bluenose:
Customs also have a book that allocates the minimum allowed value to be declared for many items (by item or per kg or square meter or whatever), but that, I believe, is officially an internal document although there are copies hanging around in the offices of brokers. The exception are the values for vehicles which are now posted on the Customs website.
Can't find that. You have a link?
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

@Bluenose:
Customs also have a book that allocates the minimum allowed value to be declared for many items (by item or per kg or square meter or whatever), but that, I believe, is officially an internal document although there are copies hanging around in the offices of brokers. The exception are the values for vehicles which are now posted on the Customs website.
Can't find that. You have a link?
[/quote]

https://customs.gov.kh/en/local-vehicle-duty

I think this is it, not sure if it's available in English or if it works...
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Google translate pulls out: Calculate taxes and estimates for existing cars in the country :(
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

ressl wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:55 am Google translate pulls out: Calculate taxes and estimates for existing cars in the country :(
I didn't give any guarantees!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic