HK - money falls out of security van

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

HK - money falls out of security van

Post by Anchor Moy »

Couple arrested for picking up money off the street.
A Christmas surprise ended in arrest for a Hong Kong beautician and businessman who collected thousands of dollars spilled on the street by careless bank security guards, but were tracked down by police who found the stash under their bed.

The pair were taking a taxi along the city’s central Gloucester Road when boxes of HK$500 notes – each worth about £40 – fell out of a security van with a faulty door.

They stopped the car and began scooping up cash along with dozens of other delighted passersby, the South China Morning Post reported. People had grabbed up to $HK15m (£1.24m) in cash by the time armed police arrived to seal off the road.

“At first people did nothing, then one person went into the road,” one witness who worked at a nearby office building told the paper.

“You couldn’t make it up. There were 20 or 30 people picking up cash from the road on Christmas Eve. They looked like school kids who knew they were being naughty, but thought ‘this is a once in a lifetime thing’. Everyone had the same look on their face.”

The guards, from firm G4S, didn’t notice their loss until they reached base around 14km (8 miles) away. The money belonged to the Bank of China.
C'mon. Completely the security firm's fault I reckon.
They are no fun in HK. Finders keepers!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/d ... curity-van
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: HK - money falls out of security van

Post by General Mackevili »

What ever happened to finders keepers?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Digg3r
Expatriate
Korea North

Re: HK - money falls out of security van

Post by Digg3r »

General Mackevili wrote:What ever happened to finders keepers?
As a youth I was 15 or 16 At the time, I was charged with "larceny by finding" as I had found an expensive item and made no effort to locate the owner.
Something a lawyer would have settled in seconds but that would have wasted valuable money.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic