American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by nemo »

OK Karen
DanielH
Tourist
Malaysia

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by DanielH »

THIS Joel?

My German bf ran into trouble with this guy and his friends for no reason....

We heard the rumours of Berg's "CIA connections", and he and his friends definitely had a certain swagger with implications that they were part of some sort of cartel, or wanted to give the impression of being tough guys - sadly, not uncommon in Cambo! Funny that he's running a fish and chip shop and been forced to delete the wild claims about his made-up career.

Intriguingly, an ex-army friend said that these guys weren't CIA and more of another grouping, but wouldn't say what sort.

Dangerous sort of rumour to put around because you don't want to be caught working in an "unofficial" capacity anywhere, and all it takes is a rumour!

Personally I think they are a bunch of losers, full of shit. But that's a lot of businessman and maybe going around promising to beat people up like some sort of mob boss works in some quarters but I can't see how anyone who has spent some time on 172 can take those sorts of claims seriously... from anyone in Cambo.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

DanielH wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:55 am Image

THIS Joel?

We heard the rumours of Berg's "CIA connections", and he and his friends definitely had a certain swagger with implications that they were part of some sort of cartel, or wanted to give the impression of being tough guys - sadly, not uncommon in Cambo! Funny that he's running a fish and chip shop and been forced to delete the wild claims about his made-up career.

Intriguingly, an ex-army friend said that these guys weren't CIA and more of another grouping, but wouldn't say what sort.

Dangerous sort of rumour to put around because you don't want to be caught working in an "unofficial" capacity anywhere, and all it takes is a rumour!

Personally I think they are a bunch of losers, full of shit. But that's a lot of businessman and maybe going around promising to beat people up like some sort of mob boss works in some quarters but I can't see how anyone who has spent some time on 172 can take those sorts of claims seriously... from anyone in Cambo.
Well, it's good to see you're not spreading unfounded rumours.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Manaboutasia wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:45 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:32 pm
Manaboutasia wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:17 pm
MightyMariner wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:17 pm By the way so many jumping to his defence when the video clearly shows him trying to hand money to the police, I was wondering, does the restaurant serve blowjobs with the fish and chips? (Take care with the tartare sauce!)
No blowjobs, but if they believe you’re unvaccinated it’s not just the fish they’ll ‘batter’ for you 😂😂
You and you friend sure like your own jokes. When you cry with laughter, does it sound like others are laughing too?

"Blowhard" seems more appropriate. :lol1: :Bravo: :Yahoo!: nope. It's a loner thing 8)
🎣so easily triggered you are, berg and Joel must give you a bump every time you defend them, I’d love to hear your defense of the bribe caught on camera.
Who's hooking whom? I don't like people defaming others that aren't able to defend themselves, or in a mind to. Cowardly. I am more against her than them.

A lawyer could put doubt or at least ask for proof.

He doesn't have to prove his innocence, he has to be proven guilty.

Waiters carry money in their fingers for change. But he doesn't have to say why he had money. Prove he was offering a bribe. I know what I saw, but you wouldn't stand a shit-show in court, because no money was passed. Even if it was; "Bribe?! You referring to the donation?"
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

THIS Joel?

OK Karen.
Another noob sock puppet whose sole purpose to join is character assassination.
Probably the weirdo from SR who floated out the heavily edited vid.
Does she want cash for "damages" or what?
Last edited by nemo on Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DanielH
Tourist
Malaysia

Post by DanielH »

nemo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:19 pm
THIS Joel?

OK Karen.
Another noob sock puppet who's sole purpose to join is character assasination.
Probably the weirdo from SR who floated out the heavily edited vid.
Does she want cash for "damages" or what?
Fuck these guys, really. They threatened to beat up a WOMAN!

It's crazy that you are trying to play that down.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

ok karen sock puppet
DanielH
Tourist
Malaysia

Post by DanielH »

nemo wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:29 pm ok karen sock puppet
I thought the expat community had moved on from Off the Rails in Phnom Penh. Threatening to beat up a WOMAN files?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

DanielH wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:36 pm
I thought the expat community had moved on from Off the Rails in Phnom Penh. Threatening to beat up a WOMAN files?
I must have missed the part of the video where he says that.
which leaves us with, "He said..." & "She said..."

And as the old saying goes....

"You can say what you want when you're lying"
DanielH
Tourist
Malaysia

Post by DanielH »

IraHayes wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:51 pm
DanielH wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:36 pm
I must have missed the part of the video where he says that.
which leaves us with, "He said..." & "She said..."

And as the old saying goes....

"You can say what you want when you're lying"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic