American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Manaboutasia
Tourist
Great Britain

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Manaboutasia »

nerdlinger wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:25 pm
Manaboutasia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:10 pm Confused as to how I have some sort of agenda against them by simply commenting on a post on a forum, surely that’s the point of a forum
Because you haven’t just simply commented on a post in a forum, you’ve appeared from nowhere and posted half a dozen lengthy diatribes in one thread all repeatedly insisting that the conversation only be about MB.

It’s not the post history of a person who’s newly stumbled across CEO while googling “Cambodia expats”. So fess up, what’s your connection to the story?
You’re correct I “appeared” from
Nowhere… just because you aren’t a member of a page doesn’t mean you can’t view it, like I have done for over 4 years now since being in Cambodia… Or do you need a vaccine card to comment on a forum now too?
Organic Ed
Expatriate

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Organic Ed »

Manaboutasia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:28 pm
Manaboutasia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:10 pm Confused as to how I have some sort of agenda against them by simply commenting on a post on a forum, surely that’s the point of a forum
Because you haven’t just simply commented on a post in a forum, you’ve appeared from nowhere and posted half a dozen lengthy diatribes in one thread all repeatedly insisting that the conversation only be about MB.

It’s not the post history of a person who’s newly stumbled across CEO while googling “Cambodia expats”. So fess up, what’s your connection to the story?
Nowhere… just because you aren’t a member of a page doesn’t mean you can’t view it, like I have done for over 4 years now since being in Cambodia… Or do you need a vaccine card to comment on a forum now too?

It's a legitimate question why are you so invested on commenting on this thread.
If you've been reading this forum for 4 years you know it's a typical question that members will ask when someone comes along with what looks like an agenda.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Organic Ed wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:57 pm It's a legitimate question why are you so invested on commenting on this thread.
If you've been reading this forum for 4 years you know it's a typical question that members will ask when someone comes along with what looks like an agenda.
It used to be called "White knighting" but I believe the more recent term used is "Simping"

Though there are slight differences relating to the person doing the White knighting/simping. A white knight wants to come to the aid of the "Damsel" and most likely doesn't know the person. A "Simp" is more likely to know the person they are coming to aid.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Manaboutasia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:51 pm
John Bingham wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:41 pm
Manaboutasia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:38 pm
Pseudonomdeplume Is probably one of Joel or Michaels fanboys sticking up for his buddy, no doubt in my mind the threats of beating from Joel are true, he’s got history for it and coupled with his overly inflated ego and the fact he walks round like he owns bassac lane it’s no surprise. Long time coming, never had any dealings with Michael but I’ve never heard anything other than negative things so can’t comment on that
Considering you only joined this site today I can only assume you are one of Ashley Galler's fanboys? Maybe you're just being patriotic and sticking up for your fellow Brit? Or you are actually the woman in question.
I've no idea who the lady in question is, not the first time Joel and threatening to beat people up been mentioned, in terms of sticking up for anyone, I'd tend to say I'm standing up to someone clearly trying to bribe a police officer, do innocent people tend to do that? Or does that clearly show that some if not all of the allegations of said crazy woman are somewhat true. We can all dispute which of the woman's allegations are true, but the camera doesn't lie and Berg got caught clear as day
This woman has been posting this everywhere today and you suddenly turn up out of the blue coincidentally? Nobody is buying that. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Manaboutasia
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Manaboutasia »

Organic Ed wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:57 pm
Manaboutasia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:28 pm

It's a legitimate question why are you so invested on commenting on this thread.

Didn’t realize I had an agenda by stating facts… let’s see what comes of this, in regards to this woman posting everywhere I saw the post in the Cambodia expats online page on Facebook and went from there.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Manaboutasia wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:28 pmOr do you need a vaccine card to comment on a forum now too?
Oooh what a giveaway :banana:
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (Owner of The Cove) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

xandreu wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:39 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:04 am
xandreu wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:27 pm Never a good idea to come to any firm conclusions based on a video that was taken by the complainant who not only had full editorial control over it before it was posted but also had full control over the narrative at the time of posting.

I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve her, but I refuse to come to any conclusion based on such one sided evidence. I get that the guy tried to pay off the cop, but that doesn't mean anything. He had a business to protect, from, for all we know, some crazed woman who had a completely unconnected grudge against him.
Hmmm... You seemed to have exercised hypocrisy here: "Never a good idea to come to any firm conclusions based on a video that..." and later remarking "I get that the guy tried to pay off the cop,..."

6/10 See me after class.
You're going to have to elaborate on that. I don't quite get the hypocrite bit...

Anyone?
I don't want to make a big deal about it, I will sometimes have a go when people discuss others, who are obviously going through a time they would prefer didn't happen, without them being able to defend themselves.

Not sure what is confusing. You said don't judge from video, then you said he was trying to bribe, which you judged to be happening from the video.

Can't believe you made me go through that.

This is my light entertainment. End of (I hope).
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

nemo wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:37 pm Kind of surprised a trivial incident like this has triggered so many.
Surely there's a "beautiful lady" crashing a Mercedes somewhere tonight. Far more newsworthy.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

People who say they know her claim she is a q-anon believer and antivax missionary.
So far no reports on her flat earth stance.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (Owner of The Cove) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by xandreu »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 pm
xandreu wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:39 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:04 am
xandreu wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:27 pm Never a good idea to come to any firm conclusions based on a video that was taken by the complainant who not only had full editorial control over it before it was posted but also had full control over the narrative at the time of posting.

I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve her, but I refuse to come to any conclusion based on such one sided evidence. I get that the guy tried to pay off the cop, but that doesn't mean anything. He had a business to protect, from, for all we know, some crazed woman who had a completely unconnected grudge against him.
Hmmm... You seemed to have exercised hypocrisy here: "Never a good idea to come to any firm conclusions based on a video that..." and later remarking "I get that the guy tried to pay off the cop,..."

6/10 See me after class.
You're going to have to elaborate on that. I don't quite get the hypocrite bit...

Anyone?
I don't want to make a big deal about it, I will sometimes have a go when people discuss others, who are obviously going through a time they would prefer didn't happen, without them being able to defend themselves.

Not sure what is confusing. You said don't judge from video, then you said he was trying to bribe, which you judged to be happening from the video.

Can't believe you made me go through that.

This is my light entertainment. End of (I hope).
Did you watch the video? He attempted to shake hands with a policeman while concealing folded banknotes in his palm. You've clearly come to a very different conclusion to the rest of us as to what that meant.

I'd be interested to hear what your interpretation of that is?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic