American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Big Daikon »

"I'm a woman." Oosh.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 am The video leaves little doubt. The facts are in plain side. The desperate attempts by some posters to distract from the facts are ridiculous. It is not about a stupid fight in a stupid restaurant. Nobody cares if you dont like the lady. It is not about whether women should be beaten up (they should not, asshole).

The scandal is the money in the hand and reaching for a Cambodian police officer. That's an actionable offense not publicizing it... The officer should be commended. As for the esteemed representative of the American business community: He is not a political mover and shaker, he is not a spin doctor, not a respected representative of a German firm, he sells fish and chips and tries to bribe the police (on camera). Maybe it is time to find a place to start over.
A bad lawyer would rip you to bits!

Plenty of doubt. Facts are always in plain sight (one of sicced). You should outline them, because a bribe offering is not one. Arranging for the woman to be beaten up is not a fact.

Maybe you should start your post over.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Dealing with the public is Hell.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Trying to decide which is the worse judgement call, attempting to dash the Fuzz on camera or buying K440 from Scobienz ? Tough call.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:35 am
Pizzalover wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:20 am The video leaves little doubt. The facts are in plain side. The desperate attempts by some posters to distract from the facts are ridiculous. It is not about a stupid fight in a stupid restaurant. Nobody cares if you dont like the lady. It is not about whether women should be beaten up (they should not, asshole).

The scandal is the money in the hand and reaching for a Cambodian police officer. That's an actionable offense not publicizing it... The officer should be commended. As for the esteemed representative of the American business community: He is not a political mover and shaker, he is not a spin doctor, not a respected representative of a German firm, he sells fish and chips and tries to bribe the police (on camera). Maybe it is time to find a place to start over.

Plenty of doubt. Facts are always in plain sight (one of sicced). You should outline them, because a bribe offering is not one. Arranging for the woman to be beaten up is not a fact.

you better stop dreaming. Wet dreams dont match well with facts. The video is available, the background data as well if you would know what you're talking about. It seems, you do not. We could even explore a bit more the claims of the man. Giving company names, match them with company info and so on. Fact check is not your strong side, is it? What is your agenda? Dont answer, it is a rhetorical question. See, I am nice and explain things for you and save us another useless comment.

Then again, you miserable attempt at creating a scrambled egg is a sad failure. Beating women was a comment made on this thread. You deliberated mix things up. The hallmark of a man void of ground to stand on.

Any other useless uttering?
Manaboutasia
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Manaboutasia »

Pizzalover wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:28 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:35 am

you better stop dreaming. Wet dreams dont match well with facts. The video is available, the background data as well if you would know what you're talking about. It seems, you do not. We could even explore a bit more the claims of the man. Giving company names, match them with company info and so on. Fact check is not your strong side, is it? What is your agenda? Dont answer, it is a rhetorical question. See, I am nice and explain things for you and save us another useless comment.

Then again, you miserable attempt at creating a scrambled egg is a sad failure. Beating women was a comment made on this thread. You deliberated mix things up. The hallmark of a man void of ground to stand on.

Any other useless uttering?
Pseudonomdeplume Is probably one of Joel or Michaels fanboys sticking up for his buddy, no doubt in my mind the threats of beating from Joel are true, he’s got history for it and coupled with his overly inflated ego and the fact he walks round like he owns bassac lane it’s no surprise. Long time coming, never had any dealings with Michael but I’ve never heard anything other than negative things so can’t comment on that
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:28 am Clearly, he should have given the cop a menu instead "You can order from the left side".

The cop would have (should have) known him, and his standing in the community, so regardless of how many more people she knew than him, I guarantee they aren't at the same level, nor in Cambodia, and perhaps, in this case, she should have carried on digging and tunnelled her way home.

To the poster that implied previous "shady dealings" had been executed by involved parties, the word "allegedly" will keep you out of court.
Sure, you can easily check and see that the servers for this site are ran out of America. I'd bet a good million on the man I named not being able have the pull to get my info from the site owner, let alone the cambo government doing anything about it.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (Owner of The Cove) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by xandreu »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:04 am
xandreu wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:27 pm Never a good idea to come to any firm conclusions based on a video that was taken by the complainant who not only had full editorial control over it before it was posted but also had full control over the narrative at the time of posting.

I'm not saying I believe or disbelieve her, but I refuse to come to any conclusion based on such one sided evidence. I get that the guy tried to pay off the cop, but that doesn't mean anything. He had a business to protect, from, for all we know, some crazed woman who had a completely unconnected grudge against him.
Hmmm... You seemed to have exercised hypocrisy here: "Never a good idea to come to any firm conclusions based on a video that..." and later remarking "I get that the guy tried to pay off the cop,..."

6/10 See me after class.
You're going to have to elaborate on that. I don't quite get the hypocrite bit...

Anyone?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Lucky_Man
Tourist

Post by Lucky_Man »

I lived in Siem reap and know this whack job Ashly Galler. She’s a well known bag of crazy, among other things claiming to be a “gay ally” yet passionately supporting evangelical places that deny gay entry. She’s a qAnon anti-vaxxer who is on a self proclaimed one-woman war against “vaccine discrimination”. I think that says about all.

But if it doesn’t,I looked at her LinkedIn. She studied anthropology in university for 3 years, after working for the Metropolitan police (?) for nearly 6 years, did admin assistance at her university college, then jumped to become a recruitment consultant for a year, suddenly became a researcher for a whooping 3 months, operations coordinator for a year and then finally made the career move to become an online ESL teacher for nearly 7 years in Cambodia. Seems to me she’s completely wasted her life.

epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

Lucky_Man wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:47 pm She’s a qAnon anti-vaxxer who is on a self proclaimed one-woman war against “vaccine discrimination”. I think that says about all.
Wait, so her MoD vaccinate cert is fake?

If I was a business owner I'd be throwing out unvaxed antivaxers with fake papers too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic