What's happening in your life?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: What's happening in your life?

Post by Chad Sexington »

Went to cut my hair today only to find my rechargeable clippers had given up the ghost (I suspect they suffered the same fate as my LED house lights and satellite tv equipment as a result of a lightening strike earlier in the week. It also took out 2 of my coconut trees)
Decided to try my luck at the little hairdresser shop in the next village along.
Was not disappointed, got a rather snazzy haircut (if I say so myself) a shave and shampoo, followed by a neck and back massage, all while being flirted with by the very nice young lady proprietor, and all for the grand sum of 2 dollars (plus tip)
I don’t think I’ll bother replacing the clippers.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:40 pm Went to cut my hair today only to find my rechargeable clippers had given up the ghost (I suspect they suffered the same fate as my LED house lights and satellite tv equipment as a result of a lightening strike earlier in the week. It also took out 2 of my coconut trees)
Decided to try my luck at the little hairdresser shop in the next village along.
Was not disappointed, got a rather snazzy haircut (if I say so myself) a shave and shampoo, followed by a neck and back massage, all while being flirted with by the very nice young lady proprietor, and all for the grand sum of 2 dollars (plus tip)
Mind sharing the name of that village.

Thanks.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Username Taken wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:31 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:40 pm Went to cut my hair today only to find my rechargeable clippers had given up the ghost (I suspect they suffered the same fate as my LED house lights and satellite tv equipment as a result of a lightening strike earlier in the week. It also took out 2 of my coconut trees)
Mind sharing the name of that village.

Thanks.
If I hadn’t mentioned the flirting by the proprietor I would name it, but because I did, I’ll refrain from doing so in order to protect that ladies reputation.
Also I don’t want to reveal my location and leave myself vulnerable to assassins😉
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

Here in Dunedoo in the cental west of NSW, Aus, we had two thunderstorms come through yesterday afternoon. The first one had huge hail stones the size of golf balls. Next week I will be able to go to see my daughters in Sydney and they will be able to come to see me as the whole state is opening up
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:12 am If I hadn’t mentioned the flirting by the proprietor I would name it, but because I did, I’ll refrain from doing so in order to protect that ladies reputation.
Also I don’t want to reveal my location and leave myself vulnerable to assassins😉
Damn. I'd happily pay the $2 for the flirting. The fella that cuts my hair is nice enough, but not worthy of daydreams or fantasy
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Well I don't know if the storms have anything to do with it, but sometime ago, my new laptop went down, shop unable to repair, then again a few days ago my main laptop had exactly the same results. I am not that knowledgeable on the workings of computers, but this isn't normal I am sure. It's a great loss due to much work is lost from before, although I did take precautions to back work up on other devices.
Part 2 of my bike story should come soon, it has lingered for about a year, from getting effected with the above and not finding the time or just being plain lazy. But also due to alterations on the project I have not posted. But at last I am satisfied with the paintwork.

Other projects, this all terrain bike trailer I am making now, I have built a prototype beforehand.
Must go now, have holes to drill.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Western Australia borders open from March 3rd making it almost two years to the day the overland trip from Bali to the Alors was interrupted.

I just booked a month in Ubud, Bali, for June at close to the best accommodation rates I can remember. A large clean room, double bed, ensuite, fast wifi, balcony, 300 metres from the centre of Ubud for $US130 or $AUD180. The world feels almost normal again with travel confirmation emails starting to arrive.

Completely unrelated: I'm unsure whether it's age (it's probably age) but this summer in Perth has been the most uncomfortable I can remember with an entire week over forty degrees, and the rest of summer feeling not that much cooler. My daily 10km walks now beginn at 3 or 4 am to avoid the heat.

Life's good, it's just too damn hot.

What's goin' on?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Yesterday I was offered a full-time teaching job at a decent university.

I had a second interview yesterday. 99% in Japanese. Four Japanese men (including the prez) threw questions at me for 40 minutes. Not the most beautiful Japanese, but I got my points across.

Three hours later, I got the phone call saying I was selected. Paperwork on the way.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:57 pm Western Australia borders open from March 3rd making it almost two years to the day the overland trip from Bali to the Alors was interrupted.

I just booked a month in Ubud, Bali, for June at close to the best accommodation rates I can remember. A large clean room, double bed, ensuite, fast wifi, balcony, 300 metres from the centre of Ubud for $US130 or $AUD180. The world feels almost normal again with travel confirmation emails starting to arrive.

Completely unrelated: I'm unsure whether it's age (it's probably age) but this summer in Perth has been the most uncomfortable I can remember with an entire week over forty degrees, and the rest of summer feeling not that much cooler. My daily 10km walks now beginn at 3 or 4 am to avoid the heat.

What's goin' on?
$130 for the month??
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Gazzy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:17 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:57 pm Western Australia borders open from March 3rd making it almost two years to the day the overland trip from Bali to the Alors was interrupted.

What's goin' on?
$130 for the month??
yes
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic