Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Cambodian Immigration/Visa Information

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

WizBall wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:11 pm It seems the final 14 day test price has been reduced to $30 at the Khmer Soviet Hospital. I was expecting to pay $100 and handed over the bill with my documents to the hazmat suit encased cashier. When he tried handing me back some notes I had to double check with him that I was paying for the correct test. I'm not sure if the remainder will be deducted from my bank deposit but who knows?
The $100 will be deducted from your deposit, the $30 is for the Certificate, which is optional.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

The Royal Cambodian Embassy to the US has published a handy dandy visa graphic. No, Tourist visas are still suspended. Refer to the last column, Type T.

From the Khmer Times:

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50914749/i ... -cambodia/
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Ordinary visa not business, as it allows the holder to convert to a business, retirement or looking for work extension.

Idiots!
People of the world, spice up your life.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

mannanman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:24 pm Ordinary visa not business, as it allows the holder to convert to a business, retirement or looking for work extension.
Yea, all Cambodian Embassies/Consulates still incorrectly refer to the E-type Visa as "Business" Visa, and many still apply business/employment related criteria for the issuing of it.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

Also, the Option B isn't clear. 'Pre-selected' presumably means 'selected by the government'? :x
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Railroad wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:35 pm Also, the Option B isn't clear. 'Pre-selected' presumably means 'selected by the government'? :x
It means the hotel allocated by the MoH, agreed, not clear to someone who doesn't know the situation.
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

This is my third attempt at posting this, I dont know what happens. I used to live there on an ER. I came back to Oz for a two month trip but got stuck here when my return flight was cancelled. So now I cant come in as a Tourist because I cant transfer from T visa to an ER? Any advice?
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Woody wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:04 pm This is my third attempt at posting this, I dont know what happens. I used to live there on an ER. I came back to Oz for a two month trip but got stuck here when my return flight was cancelled. So now I cant come in as a Tourist because I cant transfer from T visa to an ER? Any advice?
AFAIK you have to wait for the ordinary visa to come back so that you can extend to ER. @PSD-Kiwi ?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Yes, to extend to an ER (Retirement) EOS, you need to enter on an E-type (Ordinary/Business) Visa.

I predict VOA's will be available again within a month or 2, if not sooner.

Once VOA's and land borders reopen it will be possible to convert from a T-type to an E-type Visa by sending your passport in a "visa run".
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

...land borders reopen...
cant see this happening till next year.
no mention of Thailand opening land borders plus Vietnam and Laos are not doing well vaccination wise.

Only Thailand offers tourists visa's now as well and starting nov 1st only 1 day locked up up if ur fully vaccinated.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic