2 Foreigners Accused of Causing Fatal Motorbike Accident

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

2 Foreigners Accused of Causing Fatal Motorbike Accident

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 10:55 pm on October 20, a 30-year-old man, Thong Dina from Samyab village, Sangkat Phnom Penh Thmey, Khan Sen Sok, who drove a Honda PCX (PNH 1GO-0318) got run over and killed by a Toyota Alphard (PNH 2AV-2799) driven by two unidentified foreigners suspected to be Chinese on Mong Reththy Street, opposite Borey Chip Mong in Sangkat Toul Sangker 2, Khan Russey Keo. According to the eyewitness, the victim was struck by the fast running car straight on when he was turning left to his house.
The damaged vehicles were towed to the police station for further investigation and the deceased victim was examined before returning to the family for the funeral.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 2 Foreigners Accused of Causing Fatal Motorbike Accident

Post by AndyKK »

Very large impact obviously traveling at high speed with no regard for other road users. The images of the aftermath of the accident scene are something that we very rarely see in the news stories, but here we witness the grieving family at their moment of loss, being that of a young man in what would be his primetime of life. But unfortunately to lose everything within a second of careless driving.
RIP young man, condolences too his family.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Nothing about the "two unidentified foreigners suspected to be Chinese" being arrested. Did they do a runner?

But assholes of the day award goes to these gormless c**ts taking pictures of the body and distraught family.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

@Doc67 Those are probably news reporters, which is a whole different thread but they are kinda like police I've been told by one that I know. They are often first on these scenes and they document everything and mostly do not publish their work, some have military training, maybe all do. I don't know much more than what I have seen and what my news reporter friend tells me.

In any case, RIP to the deceased and condolences to his family in this terrible tragedy.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

bossho wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:58 am @Doc67 Those are probably news reporters, which is a whole different thread but they are kinda like police I've been told by one that I know. They are often first on these scenes and they document everything and mostly do not publish their work, some have military training, maybe all do. I don't know much more than what I have seen and what my news reporter friend tells me.

In any case, RIP to the deceased and condolences to his family in this terrible tragedy.
No idea who told you that crock
Wife's cousin is a "reporter" dude sells meat in send sok factory market by day and whenever an accident is near by he just sends photos to whoever, these guys are just regular ass people. Sorta like the movie Nightcrawler
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

Not a mention in KT but they note two youths were aressted for performing a wheelie im presuming they were not foreighn nationals.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Some maybe so, ever see them go into a net place with online gambling 9 strong with their helmets on and go to the window and perform a transaction and then all leave? That was my first sighting and then I started to see them and had talked to a few at accident sites in the wee hours on Sisowath for example before I met this guy who, yeah, is probably a bit full of it but I notice that being full of it is par for the course for many here so....
As for the net obs above they threaten a story in trade for tea money much like the well photo'd accident scenes to the guilty I will assume there.

Anyway, this is an RIP thread so we'll let it rest and pay condolences to family and friends.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

mouytiet wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:06 am Not a mention in KT but they note two youths were aressted for performing a wheelie im presuming they were not foreighn nationals.
I think you've got your stories crossed? Pretty hard to do a wheelie in a Toyota Alphard ... :hattip:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
mouytiet
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Post by mouytiet »

No just a cple of those highend 14 yr old gangsters on a honda dream.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic