COVID-19 Positive Test

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: COVID-19 Positive Test

Post by Yerg »

mannanman wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:31 am
Yerg wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:53 pm I know it’s UK-centric on this one, but just had a call from the Test & Trace team. What started as a sympathetic call, asking how I was doing etc., the tone of the call took a rather (as I saw it) unpleasant turn. A stark reminder that failing to isolate is now a criminal offence, and that if I don’t isolate the full 10 days I’m liable for criminal prosecution and/or fines. No shit, Sherlock. It’s been all over the news and plastered all over your website, emails and SMS messages. I get they’re catering to the lowest common denominator, but sheesh!!!
They’ve got a script and call 100s a day. It’s nothing personal!
Of that I'm well aware, it was the tone of the script that I was referring to. Why not dispense with the faux concern and just make the call about the legalities? It would save the caller and respondent so much time :lol:
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:26 am
Yerg wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:22 pm Not the most exciting update today. The slightly elevated temperature has returned to normal. The discomfort in my back has all but gone. Absolutely no need to blow my nose today, as the sniffles have disappeared. And the chesty hack has returned to an annoying and niggly tickly cough. Most importantly, I can ALMOST taste my morning coffee. Out of curiosity, I did another home test and it has still come back positive.

Interestingly, the various bumph, SMS and emails from the testing bodies all state that there is no need to test again for 90 days after a positive result, so after today my next home test will be in January 2022!!! I've also signed up to take two home blood tests. One later this week and another in a couple of months. These are for the boffins carrying out antibody research, so am more than happy to do my bit... I mean, what's a small prick amongst friends??
I was so relieved when my smell and taste came back. I had been reading that this is one of the symptoms that can drag on fully or partially for months. I also discovered that water did actually have some taste. For years I had always dismissed people as pompous twats when they droned on about Evian having a better taste that Peckham Springs or whatever poncy shite they were paying £4 for in a restaurant. I take it all back. Without taste, whatever you drink is just a fluid glugging down your neck, and that was the weirdest feeling.

Glad you're over the worst.

I notice the infection rate and death rate in the UK is surging - again - and hear that facemasks and all social distancing has been abandoned. Plus the booster programme is either slow or people are not bothering. What's going on over there?
Believe it or not, I've gone past the point of giving any more shits :lol: With the rise of protests about masks and anti-vaccines et al, I'm done reading the news. Actually catching this bloody virus has done more positive for me than it has negative. I'm double-vaccinated, with AZ. No clots and (in my humble opinion) I have had the least painful or sickly sickness that I can recall outside of a heavy cold. Sure, 10 days isolation is a pain in the ass, but it's not like I can't get home deliveries or read my favourite Cambodian news site ;-) I have to wear a mask for work, have done for yonks, so it doesn't bother me to wear it in a shop or elsewhere. If people don't want to, so be it. Just keep the fuck away from me (another benefit of isolation :ROFL: )

As for the booster programme, well, it's a bit late for me and my elderly parents have already had theirs. So I don't care lol
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Suppose it's time for a symptom update too. The feelings of a head cold have all gone. No headaches, no elevated temperature, no sore back. Cough is dissipating quickly, far less annoying today than yesterday. My sense of taste, while not 100%, is coming back better each day. (@Doc67 , your comments about poncy water are noted, but it's still £4, and therefore remains qualified to be poncy!!). Apple and Blackberry crumble with custard for pudding last night, I could taste it reasonably well. My sense of smell on the other hand, not so much, still M.I.A. The upside, I suppose, is I can't smell any of my own ghastly farts. Whilst understanding the need for me to remain in isolation, I could quite easily go back to work feeling like this. There will be the work-shy who will drag this virus out to suit their own ends.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:13 pm Suppose it's time for a symptom update too. The feelings of a head cold have all gone. No headaches, no elevated temperature, no sore back. Cough is dissipating quickly, far less annoying today than yesterday. My sense of taste, while not 100%, is coming back better each day. (@Doc67 , your comments about poncy water are noted, but it's still £4, and therefore remains qualified to be poncy!!). Apple and Blackberry crumble with custard for pudding last night, I could taste it reasonably well. My sense of smell on the other hand, not so much, still M.I.A. The upside, I suppose, is I can't smell any of my own ghastly farts. Whilst understanding the need for me to remain in isolation, I could quite easily go back to work feeling like this. There will be the work-shy who will drag this virus out to suit their own ends.
Apple and Blackberry crumble with custard for pudding last night,

Mummy's creation?
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:57 pm
Yerg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:13 pm Suppose it's time for a symptom update too. The feelings of a head cold have all gone. No headaches, no elevated temperature, no sore back. Cough is dissipating quickly, far less annoying today than yesterday. My sense of taste, while not 100%, is coming back better each day. (@Doc67 , your comments about poncy water are noted, but it's still £4, and therefore remains qualified to be poncy!!). Apple and Blackberry crumble with custard for pudding last night, I could taste it reasonably well. My sense of smell on the other hand, not so much, still M.I.A. The upside, I suppose, is I can't smell any of my own ghastly farts. Whilst understanding the need for me to remain in isolation, I could quite easily go back to work feeling like this. There will be the work-shy who will drag this virus out to suit their own ends.

Mummy's creation?
Sadly not, Aunt Bessy and carton custard out of the microwave :lol:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:00 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:57 pm

Mummy's creation?
Sadly not, Aunt Bessy and carton custard out of the microwave :lol:
"I can only dream" for an Aunt Bessy's Apple and Blackberry crumble with British carton custard. "Luxury"

AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc there are those, nice with a bit of custard.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:34 am Doc there are those, nice with a bit of custard.
They’re just not Aunt Bessy’s!!!!
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yerg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:58 am
AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:34 am Doc there are those, nice with a bit of custard.
They’re just not Aunt Bessy’s!!!!
That's close enough.

@AndyKK what branch are they at?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Glad to hear you're not having too much of a hard time with it. I can't remember seeing if you wrote how old you are? Care to share? (or a ballpark figure)

And how is your health more generally? Any underlying conditions? Otherwise fit and healthy?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic