Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Post by canucklhead »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:34 pm Loads of places have stayed open and kept serving booze in the recent "clampdown". The first ban about 6 months ago was observed by many businesses. The more recent one not so much. I was bringing a black sack to the shop next door first time around, they didn't give a toss in recent months.
Ya same experience for me. The riverside area seems to be the target. Never had a problem buying booze all year.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

atst wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:50 am
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:17 am Will be interesting to see if it makes things easier or harder for everyone.
The novelty will wear off :lol:
I updated the app so it shows me as blue (fully vaccinated) this morning. Weirdly you actually have to be scanning in to a venue/shop to get the option to link your vax status at the bottom. Then you can select English, Card# or ID (passport) number and DOB, check the details are correct and save.

So forget your card in future, just scan in and show your vaxxed status in one hit.

We're lucky it's so easy, people in Australia are reportedly taking many attempts over several hours (and getting locked out in the process) trying to do a similar thing via Aus govt/mygov website and Medicare etc. Apparently it's a nightmare.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:03 am
AndyKK wrote:Local markets and businesses in Phnom Penh have begun to carry out digital vaccination card scans before allowing customers to enter each location to make sure they do not have COVID-19.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50954826/p ... ard-scans/
Don't believe everything the KT says. The only place I've ever been asked for a vaxx card was IBC.
The only business mentioned by name was The Pizza Co. There's no contradiction or conflict between your post and the article.
Scarier than malaria.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

timmydownawell wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:53 am
atst wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:50 am
General Mackevili wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:17 am Will be interesting to see if it makes things easier or harder for everyone.
The novelty will wear off :lol:
I updated the app so it shows me as blue (fully vaccinated) this morning. Weirdly you actually have to be scanning in to a venue/shop to get the option to link your vax status at the bottom. Then you can select English, Card# or ID (passport) number and DOB, check the details are correct and save.

So forget your card in future, just scan in and show your vaxxed status in one hit.
Some places might still need to get organised around that.

I went to Aeon2 yesterday thinking 1. I scan the QR code, then 2. show the vax card (not having linked the 2 yet). Anyway, I went to scan and they told me no, just show card.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:00 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:03 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:49 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:32 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 pm So, how did everyone get on with the rollout of booster vaccines?
Official rollout doesn't start until 30th in Daun Penh, but I got an AZ at Ang Duong regardless. Happy with that.
Yes, I was told to return on the 30th after a good talk with the administrator of the vaccines. I had it in mind to go to the location where I had the previous vaccinations, but if I wasn't satisfied with what maybe, I was going to follow you're previous post and go to Ang Duong.
Ang Duong is issuing the AZ donated by Japan, but I think the official rollout will all be Sinovac. Another 2m Sinovac doses arrived today/yesterday in addition to 6m the last couple of weeks. Go at 6am or 1pm if you want to try Ang Duong because I read on FB it's getting busier.
Went to Ang Duong yesterday and was told to come back on the 26th. Not earlier than 4 mths after 2nd shot. Also, saw post on FB that National Pedriatic hospital has run out of AZ.
Just to update. Preah Ang Duong Hospital still have stocks of AZ (Japan) booster shots. I just got one this morning. I've since scanned the QR code on the vax card and it's updated as AZ on my record as well. I got there at 7.15am, got a ticket straight away (#13), waited until 8am start and done by 8.15am.

From a FB group, I saw you can get 1st and 2nd shots there as well but there are long waiting times apparently.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic