Nigerian Online Scam Gang Arrested in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Nigerian Online Scam Gang Arrested in Phnom Penh

Post by Kammekor »

Yerg wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:12 pm
Prof wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 am It is a pity that things like this happened but it would have been better to get to the bottom of this allegation before posting pictures of people who could be innocent. I personally know The Oyetoran couple. They are not crooks but Missionaries who have been helping Cambodia and Cambodian people for more than a decade. Your post should have used the word “allegedly”. I am confident that Ebenezer and Margaret Oyetoran have been wrongfully roped into the mess but it will be a shame if after they are exonerated you do not do another story to clear their names.
I urge everyone who is a Christian on this platform to please treat this distasteful post with caution.
So you'll believe the Bible but this is far fetched??
Rightio then.
"Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix." :wink:
Guess now we have anecdotal prove COVID-19 doesn't ruin someone's taste of humor. Finally some comforting news from the covid Frontline.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:15 pm
Yerg wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:12 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:12 pm
Prof wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 am It is a pity that things like this happened but it would have been better to get to the bottom of this allegation before posting pictures of people who could be innocent. I personally know The Oyetoran couple. They are not crooks but Missionaries who have been helping Cambodia and Cambodian people for more than a decade. Your post should have used the word “allegedly”. I am confident that Ebenezer and Margaret Oyetoran have been wrongfully roped into the mess but it will be a shame if after they are exonerated you do not do another story to clear their names.
I urge everyone who is a Christian on this platform to please treat this distasteful post with caution.
So you'll believe the Bible but this is far fetched??
Rightio then.
"Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix." :wink:
Guess now we have anecdotal prove COVID-19 doesn't ruin someone's taste of humor. Finally some comforting news from the covid Frontline.
No chance of that @Kammekor :lol:
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Did you say "Doe dance ob dat?"

This is an old story, so I thought I would see how you are doing, and risk a 24hr for topic jumping. I popped a couple of cold and flu tabs when the (I was going to be explicit, but it's tea time) sniff, blowing, coughing and aches, got boring.

You should know by now if it is mild. Been a week? Nearly done. Don't get complacent. Get well. Get strong.

To return to topic, my mate Michael, used to say "The Lord is Mike Sheppard, Haloed be thy name"
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Is taste of humour just a little?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic