Pre-booking Quarantine Hotels reintroduced 18 Jul 21

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
themistyseas
Expatriate
Cook Islands

Re: Pre-booking Quarantine Hotels reintroduced 18 Jul 21

Post by themistyseas »

I recently completed my 14 at Courtyard. Pretty uneventful, but there are a couple wrinkles:

* Stays do not come with any kind of benefits if you hold Marriott status, nor do they count towards Marriott elite qualification. Which is annoying, because however many nights you're paying for, and however many nights they keep you, should be nights that count towards status. Especially at the rate you're paying per night, which is equivalent to a rate in any Courtyard hotel anywhere in the world.

* The lack of other benefits (room upgrade, etc) are a little easier to understand given the circumstances, and some of the other benefits are offset by things like the mini-bar top up which I barely even used (16 non-alcoholic drinks, 12 snacks) over the stay since the meals were pretty substantial.

* Given that it's new construction, a little disappointing that the walls in that place are so thin. Smooth sailing for me until about Day 11 when a family moved in next door with a 24 hour screaming kid.

* Got a note with the Day 13 test that results could take anywhere from 24-48 hours, but I got my results back in exactly 24 hours.

* Meals were fine, they did heavily encourage us to take part in World Vegetarian Day with them last week, which they pitched as a green, eco-friendly initiative. I'm more than happy to eat green but that day had easily the poorest slate of meals of the whole period. It was nice to have a special day though just to mix things up amidst the monotony.

* Heard a horror story on the way out from a passenger who came in from Singapore and said that three Singapore Airlines flights (13th, 16th, 19th?) all had positive tests and even though this passenger did not test positive, people on her flight from the 13th were held 21 (!!!!) days as a precaution.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

themistyseas wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:31 pm * Heard a horror story on the way out from a passenger who came in from Singapore and said that three Singapore Airlines flights (13th, 16th, 19th?) all had positive tests and even though this passenger did not test positive, people on her flight from the 13th were held 21 (!!!!) days as a precaution.
Yep, 3 flights from Singapore all had at least one passenger on them who tested positive for the Delta variant on arrival, so all passengers from those flights regardless of which hotel they were in, had their quarantine extended for a further 7 days, but they were not informed until the night before and in some cases the day that they were due to have their 2nd test. 2nd tests were postponed until day 20, and they were/will only be released if all passengers test negative.
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Isn't the point of 14days to make sure if you got it that even if you don't test positive the virus should be out within 10days if you're symptom free?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

ASQ (Alternative to State Quarantine) HOTELS:
Hotels available to pre-book for Quarantine
The following hotels can be pre-booked by all travellers for quarantine on arrival.

1. Courtyard by Marriott Hotel
www.courtyardphnompenh.com

2. Sokha Hotel & Residence
www.sokhahotels.com.kh/phnompenh

3. Raffles Hotel Le Royal PP
https://www.rafflesphnompenh.com/.../al ... -state.../

4. Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
https://www.sofitel-phnompenh-phokeethra.com

5. Himawari Hotel Apartments
http://www.himawarihotel.com/

6. Toyoko Inn Hotel (Dara Hotel Group)
https://darahotels.com/toyoko-inn-com/
email: [email protected]

7. Olympia City Hotel (Dara Hotel Group)
https://darahotels.com/olympia-city-hotel/
email: [email protected]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic