How Long Before Tourist Areas Return to 2019

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How Long Before We Get Back To 2019?

Under 3 Months
8%
3 - 6 Months
11%
6 - 12 Months
16%
1 - 2 Years
48%
Never
16%

Total votes: 62
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How Long Before Tourist Areas Return to 2019

Post by Kammekor »

RVN67 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:23 pm Kammekor, my original topic was more of a query than an accusation. You seem to have forgotten or lost the plot! My query still remains the same. Why? The KT doesn't run articles on Thai's that die in Cambodia from C19 and I'm sure there are some and I doubt the BKK Post doesn't run articles on Thai's that die here either!
Well, recent developments answered your query, right?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Can I change my vote to never after reading the latest requirements for entry
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Reading some of the news headlines and that powers above want to open the country. I would say it's only a matter of wording, don't read between the lines to look for something that doesn't exist.
The government wants to kickstart their countries economy, in the way of investment only, not from what could be considered has high risk general public tourism.
Quote - from the Translation of new directive on ‘Travel Conditions, Implementation of Health Rules and Quarantine in Cambodia for travelers entering Cambodia in line with the New Normal Context’
Khmer Times.
– Foreign tourists who are (investors, business people, experts with guarantee or invitation). There's no tourism has we may portray has tourism. There's no visa on offer or available for the purpose of tourism. Only how "Foreign tourists" is worded, but with the following categories that the Foreign tourists must comply - investors, business people, experts with guarantee or invitation. It's a world apart from the general tourist referred to them coming for an holiday or vacation, travel and relaxation in the sun.
No, this may be considered has the first step of opening the country, but not for tourists, but for larger investors and that of larger sums of cash that may flow from potential investors in the hope of aiding the countries economy, and the ones who may have something that will attract the investment boosting that of their own income through the pandemic time.
It has to be said that there are many unfinished projects in Cambodia that may have been simply abandoned, or put off by their previous investors until a more suitable time. Covid19 had hit hard in the countries and overseas investors world wide, and I would have thought who may open their borders may have the advantage and chance of early investment. Let's face it there is much money needed to finish the previous projects to entice the would be holiday tourists of tomorrow.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic