J&J/Janssen vaccine

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: J&J/Janssen vaccine

Post by RVN67 »

I did read while doing an indepth investigation into the J&J that it's not recommended that you mix the J&J with the others. There is a difference in the types and the vaccine process.
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LoukBongThom »

RVN67 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:08 am I did read while doing an indepth investigation into the J&J that it's not recommended that you mix the J&J with the others. There is a difference in the types and the vaccine process.
A report from National Institute of Health came out 2 days ago, saying mix-and-match vaccines boosts the efficacy. The study was specifically on J&J first dose, and either Pfizer or Moderna second dose. So, based on latest study it does not appear to have conflicts between vaccine technologies.

BTW, J&J is working to submit to FDA for booster approval too. Whether the US will send it more to Cambodia is entirely different story.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-rcna2974
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

More conflicting stories to further shore up the confidence in the unvaxxed.

I am vaccinated and have recently falling under the weather. I am hoping, in one way, it was the Vid; by my reckoning, steeling my immune system. Then again, long Vid does not sound like any party I would RSVP to.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LoukBongThom »

FDA just approved J&J booster today.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Loukbong I did read that article yesterday. What I posted was information I gathered about two weeks ago. It would appear at least to me that new information comes out almost daily from ongoing research.
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LoukBongThom »

RVN67 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:01 pm Loukbong I did read that article yesterday. What I posted was information I gathered about two weeks ago. It would appear at least to me that new information comes out almost daily from ongoing research.
I did not mean your info was wrong. Just want to share new info coming out, as you said regularly. This is also what causes many confusions out there. Many ppl do not process all info with proper timeline in mind.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic