How Long Before Tourist Areas Return to 2019

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How Long Before We Get Back To 2019?

Under 3 Months
8%
3 - 6 Months
11%
6 - 12 Months
16%
1 - 2 Years
48%
Never
16%

Total votes: 62
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How Long Before Tourist Areas Return to 2019

Post by RVN67 »

Doc yes I have or I wouldn't have mentioned it.
Oct 15th "Another Cambodian has succumbed to the COVID-19 virus in Thailand. This is out of the 112 new fatalities, whose ages ranged from three months to 93 years old including four Myanmar nationals. The three-month-old baby had not a chronic disease"
Yesterday "Out of Thailand’s  82 new fatalities reported yesterday, many  between the ages of 17 and 92.

They included a Cambodian, three Myanmar nationals, a Belgian and a Russian."
"Another Cambodian national died from COVID-19 complications in Thailand.

Last week:
"A Cambodian was among three foreign nationals who were declared to have died from the virus in Thailand, the other two being Myanmar nationals."
Do you want me to go on Doc or can you take it from there?
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Let me add that all the article headlines start with "Another Cambodian dies of COVID-19 in Thailand"
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

RVN67 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:08 pm Let me add that all the article headlines start with "Another Cambodian dies of COVID-19 in Thailand"
The fact that "another Cambodian dies", a human with family and friends is of little significance compared to keeping the numbers down. And you think there is a coordinated intent to add those people to the list of Covid deaths to manipulate the opening of Cambodia to pre-Covid tourism and business operations? OK, let me think about that one.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

RVN67 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:08 pm Let me add that all the article headlines start with "Another Cambodian dies of COVID-19 in Thailand"
I guess you missed this headline in the KT today?

15th consecutive day of ‘new normal’ low cases for Cambodia as The Kingdom looks towards ‘reopening’

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50952734/1 ... reopening/
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

cambo swa: "OK, let me think about that one." Don't hurt yourself in the process!
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

So no I'm not aware because I haven't read the KT today as of yet. So pray tell what has "another normal day" have to do with articles in the KT on Cambodian Covid-19 deaths in Thailand? A bit of a stretch isn't it?
Another "normal day is 267+25 today. The "normal day" yesterday was 265+26. The "normal day" two days ago was 268+25. Sure it's "normal" compared to a month ago when there were 650+ cases a day so exactly what's your point other than trying to be a butt head?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

RVN67 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:54 pm So no I'm not aware because I haven't read the KT today as of yet. So pray tell what has "another normal day" have to do with articles in the KT on Cambodian Covid-19 deaths in Thailand? A bit of a stretch isn't it?
Personally I think assuming the Cambodian government is counting deaths abroad so Cambodia won't open up is a bit of a stretch.

AFAIK other articles in the KT plus what happens in reality (reducing quarantine for vaxxed people) are showing quite the opposite direction from the Cambodian government.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

RVN67 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:50 pm Doc yes I have or I wouldn't have mentioned it.
Oct 15th "Another Cambodian has succumbed to the COVID-19 virus in Thailand. This is out of the 112 new fatalities, whose ages ranged from three months to 93 years old including four Myanmar nationals. The three-month-old baby had not a chronic disease"
Yesterday "Out of Thailand’s  82 new fatalities reported yesterday, many  between the ages of 17 and 92.

They included a Cambodian, three Myanmar nationals, a Belgian and a Russian."
"Another Cambodian national died from COVID-19 complications in Thailand.

Last week:
"A Cambodian was among three foreign nationals who were declared to have died from the virus in Thailand, the other two being Myanmar nationals."
Do you want me to go on Doc or can you take it from there?
Yes, please do go on.

I only found 3 articles in the Khmer Times about Cambodians dying in Thailand, one yesterday, Aug 15th and July 28th. However, you did say you read it "every day".

So be a good chap and let me have a few links to all the articles you've been reading everyday that I have missed.

Thanks in advance...
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Kammekor, my original topic was more of a query than an accusation. You seem to have forgotten or lost the plot! My query still remains the same. Why? The KT doesn't run articles on Thai's that die in Cambodia from C19 and I'm sure there are some and I doubt the BKK Post doesn't run articles on Thai's that die here either!
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Cambodia swa: FYI the chances of catching Covid in Cambodia are .73%. The chances of dying if you're infected are 2.28%. In 2019 1,950 people died in traffic accidents in one year. As of today after 19 months 2,634 people have died from C19. Do the math!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic