Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

October 14, 2021
Vaccination card ruling causes confusion in capital among traders and their customers
A City Hall ruling on vaccination cards has provoked a mixed reaction from local and foreign business operators in Phnom Penh.

The capital’s Governor Khuong Sreng issued an edict on Oct 5 saying a Covid-19 vaccination card needed to be presented every time when entering and leaving educational institutions, markets and business locations. The ruling applies to all business premises and there are no concessions for people who have not been vaccinated.

“No one is exempted, even those with a medical certificate from the Ministry of Health,” Sreng said this week. “I understand that in practice international vaccine documents are accepted for entry: This is in practice,” said Anthony Galliano, president of the American Chamber of Commerce in Cambodia. He added that pregnant women and people with underlying health conditions who have not been vaccinated would face problems if the ruling is applied as strictly as the governor’s comments suggest.

“We have raised these issues to the government and more particularly to the representatives of the Ministry of Tourism,” said Arnaud Darc, president of the Cambodia Restaurant Association. “They are aware and working toward finding solutions to all of these issues.”

One local small business owner who sells clothes in a central Phnom Penh market said she had not been vaccinated because of her allergies. “I have been told customers will not be allowed into the market without a card. They are taking it really seriously this time,” said the woman, nicknamed Nana, who did not wish to be named. “I have not been asked to show a vaccination certificate yet. I don’t know what I’ll do if they ask. I can’t afford to shut down my stall.”
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50951552/v ... customers/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

If you have been vaccinated, but not yet received your vaccination card, this KT article may be of help:

"Around 100,000 people in Phnom Penh have not yet received their vaccination cards. In this guide, you’ll find the location and phone numbers for the card distribution centres in the districts of Phnom Penh"

Notice On the location of free Covid-19 Vaccination Card Distribution Venue, Ministry of National Defense to Citizens in 6 Districts in Phnom Penh

"The Head of the National Covid-19 Vaccination Committee, Ministry of National Defense, would like to inform on the location of the distribution for Covid-19 vaccination card by the Ministry of National Defense to the people that it free of charge at 6 military police bases in Phnom Penh and at the commander of the Brigade 70,

Citizens are invited to receive the COVID-19 vaccination card from the local working group of the Royal Gendarmerie and the officers of the commander of the Brigade 70 every working hour from 7:30 am to 11:00 am and in the afternoon from 1:30 to 5:00 pm or contact by phone in the following 6 districts in Phnom Penh as the list below..."

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50951860/h ... hnom-penh/
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

yongchi wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:31 pm If you have been vaccinated, but not yet received your vaccination card, this KT article may be of help:

"Around 100,000 people in Phnom Penh have not yet received their vaccination cards. In this guide, you’ll find the location and phone numbers for the card distribution centres in the districts of Phnom Penh"

Notice On the location of free Covid-19 Vaccination Card Distribution Venue, Ministry of National Defense to Citizens in 6 Districts in Phnom Penh

"The Head of the National Covid-19 Vaccination Committee, Ministry of National Defense, would like to inform on the location of the distribution for Covid-19 vaccination card by the Ministry of National Defense to the people that it free of charge at 6 military police bases in Phnom Penh and at the commander of the Brigade 70,

Citizens are invited to receive the COVID-19 vaccination card from the local working group of the Royal Gendarmerie and the officers of the commander of the Brigade 70 every working hour from 7:30 am to 11:00 am and in the afternoon from 1:30 to 5:00 pm or contact by phone in the following 6 districts in Phnom Penh as the list below..."

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50951860/h ... hnom-penh/
Translation: "We have 100k cards in a very large unsorted piles in 6 districts. Bring a shovel and good luck."
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:10 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:31 pm So, how did everyone get on with the rollout of booster vaccines?
Booster? Just got my 1st, and hopefully last, jab very recently. J&J

Only because I may need to travel soon, and I figure we will have some more months of mania where vaccine proof is needed in various places before this is behind us
It's a good job and good choice to have the J&J vaccine. I had been trying myself, sourced in, or just outside Prey Vang, but told under no circumstance's should I cross the province border coming from Phnom Penh.
One of the main reasons you have basically quoted, travel and proof of vaccine and vaccination. That may turn out to be a problem or not, for example what countries except the Chinese vaccines, I was told recently that my own country, the UK does not.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:36 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:02 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:54 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:44 pm
Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:09 pm
Royal pp have said they're getting Moderna/Pfizer soon 250-300 for both shots, definitely not a bad deal at all
Haha, yes, but wait for the add-ons!
Might as well be a negative covid test @ 95$
I paid the Royal PP $231.50 for a Covid test they insisted on doing prior to surgery. That was $190 for the test and $41.50 for the bits and pieces.
If they do a vaccination, they may well also charge for the doctor fee, nursing fee, syringe, needle, bandaid etc etc.
Unless the 250-300 is an all-inclusive package, I would expect to be getting billed for $600+, after all the add-ons.
Most of us would rather pay that price than receive a sinovax, but that's a different conversation.
Most of us? You mean the ones who light their fat cigars with a US$100 note, and tip a tuk tuk driver US$50. Its a scam - given the absolutely minute odds of getting the virus (you have more chance of being kicked to death by a donkey in the Andes, and that assumes you never visit the Andes) why would you pay for something you will never need? You can get a free Sinovac to get a card which is all you need to prevent minor hassles in shops etc, but if you want a real vaccine because you are terrified of getting Covid you would be better off staying home with a plastic bag over your head.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It looks like a huge price hike, lets be honest did you expect those prices per vaccine that are quoted in this thread. If so, I wonder where the price falls in the most expensive covid19 vaccines in the countries of the world.

Covid-19 Vaccine Prices

https://codeblue.galencentre.org/2020/1 ... ne-prices/
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

hdgh29 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:31 am

I paid the Royal PP $231.50 for a Covid test they insisted on doing prior to surgery. That was $190 for the test and $41.50 for the bits and pieces.
If they do a vaccination, they may well also charge for the doctor fee, nursing fee, syringe, needle, bandaid etc etc.
Unless the 250-300 is an all-inclusive package, I would expect to be getting billed for $600+, after all the add-ons.
Most of us would rather pay that price than receive a sinovax, but that's a different conversation.
Most of us? You mean the ones who light their fat cigars with a US$100 note, and tip a tuk tuk driver US$50. Its a scam - given the absolutely minute odds of getting the virus (you have more chance of being kicked to death by a donkey in the Andes, and that assumes you never visit the Andes) why would you pay for something you will never need? You can get a free Sinovac to get a card which is all you need to prevent minor hassles in shops etc, but if you want a real vaccine because you are terrified of getting Covid you would be better off staying home with a plastic bag over your head.
Less expensive than the plane ticket to get them. For those of us with insurance that will cover it, its just fine.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Apollo91881 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:48 am

Less expensive than the plane ticket to get them. For those of us with insurance that will cover it, its just fine.
If it's going in the direction that you have to be vaccinated before getting on a flight, it's irrelevant if its cheaper than a flight. But also taking a flight onwards from here, it leaves everyone to have the correct vaccines that are excepted in the country that we would travel too.
Too be honest you gave a good answer, about insurance, I had never thought of that, is it possible, would most insurance companies accept the client to have a covid vaccine at their expense, and that of an exceptional high price in a developing country.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Why would anyone get the free sinoxxx when you can just purchase a far superior vaccine? If you have the funds I don't see the problem? It's like driving a Camry vs a Mercedes when you're a millionaire
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Darkcel wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:39 pm

Why would anyone get the free sinoxxx when you can just purchase a far superior vaccine? If you have the funds I don't see the problem? It's like driving a Camry vs a Mercedes when you're a millionaire
Warren Buffet is a multi billionaire and he only drives a 2014 Cadillac XTS. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic