Global Outage on Facebook Group Services Online

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Global Outage on Facebook Group Services Online

Post by phuketrichard »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:37 pm It’s a more insidious attack. The attackers wiped the pointer address to Facebook and other related accounts from the address manager on their servers.

Basically, when one types in an address, say ‘Facebook’, the request goes to a DNS name server. The server actually translates the name into the general IP number for the website. The website then takes the request and then checks the account and delivers the correct home page to correct user.

This attack blanked out Facebook servers pointing to the correct pages.

At least this my understanding from the news reports coming in.
new kid;
wrong again ( if you believe FB) I am sure the security at FB is second to only one or 2 countries
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Who TF is Facebook, Instagram and Whatssapp !! ??
What can it be a beautiful world without these things !!
Thats why i didnt have them, even didnt know they where conected !! ??
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 am Who TF is Facebook, Instagram and Whatssapp !! ??
Down with social media!

>Posting an a social media platform<

Boo.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:50 am Who TF is Facebook, Instagram and Whatssapp !! ??
CEO is the limit of my ‘social media’ and I use it for handy information and light entertainment.
I pity these poor fuckers who need social media like it’s a life support system.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:40 am
CEO is the limit of my ‘social media’ and I use it for handy information and light entertainment.
I pity these poor fuckers who need social media like it’s a life support system.
I despise FB also, but I am finding more and more companies and businesses no longer have websites, only FB pages. So FB is no longer just social media (chatting, gossiping, bullying), it is the main and sometimes only source of advertisement and public promotion for millions of businesses.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

cambo swa wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:33 am I despise FB also, but I am finding more and more companies and businesses no longer have websites, only FB pages. So FB is no longer just social media (chatting, gossiping, bullying), it is the main and sometimes only source of advertisement and public promotion for millions of businesses.
Ditto. I also freely admit to not really understanding it.
I’m a member of a couple of car clubs and their associated fora. In one particular case, the more social members branched off towards FB. Initially, it did make sense for things like annual events and spontaneous get together. (I very seldom get involved as I’m not overly sociable*). It’s got to the point where the club membership majority aren’t even aware of the actual club that they are sort of members of. Worse, they keep asking the same technical questions that were answered and catalogued 15years ago. Attention spans of a swiping finger. Worse still; they keep getting and taking advice from fuckwits who can navigate FB, but haven’t a clue which way to swing the spanner.
FB seems to be as muddled as the folk who co-exist in it, and I find myself a willing dinosaur. I absolutely do not want to become like them.

It’s a plague, I tell you.

Rant! And when a company can have HR people schooled in the use of FB, and monitoring social media, and trapping people, but can’t spell or type worth a damn…

*I have an increasingly low tolerance towards fucktardery, and being surrounded by them for more than a couple of hours has me contemplating the merits of Bill Foster(Michael Douglas) responses.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

There’s a push by corporate to make employees more and more accessible to the ‘paying public’. All controlled by corporate, of course. Because employees are a product.

Facebook, e-mail, Twitter and the other social media apps blur the line between at work and not at work. Immediate results.

Leisure time is something stolen from work.

I steal time from a mandatory yearly conference at a great vacation spot to take missus around. Otherwise she’s trapped in an expensive hotel room all day long eating instant noodles.

These are my opinions of course.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Facebook was the first to remove the anonymous nature of the internet. Used to be forums and the like. Far more fun imo.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

[/quote]

I despise FB also, but I am finding more and more companies and businesses no longer have websites, only FB pages. So FB is no longer just social media (chatting, gossiping, bullying), it is the main and sometimes only source of advertisement and public promotion for millions of businesses.
[/quote]

You can’t bully at all anymore , at least they got my number down ,
If I say anything , i swear just by saying certain key words , such as ugly , bitch , or practically any word I put down i get automatically banned
no way to undo it or make any excuse , just instantly another 30 days in the hole .
I don’t get why they don’t just do in my account and i would start over . With a new fake name , I would never use my real name or face .
I hate it but it’s the only way to get any kicks these days
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

In Cambodia, FB IS the internet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic