$100 bills

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: $100 bills

Post by Kammekor »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:26 am What the fuck kind of mangling of language is going on here? 8)

If you want to take out a few thousand with a foreign card in one go I recommend Acleda's over the counter service, I think they charge 0.15 %.
For incoming USD transfers ACLEDA charges 0.1% with a minimum of 10$.
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Freightdog, I've noticed this "phenomenon" throughout Asia. People that work in these positions only know a little about their jobs and in the case of the police nothing or very little about the laws which tends to make me believe that they bought their way into getting hired and never even read a law book or take a test. Put on the uniform, wind them up and send them out the door!

In Vietnam I was told in order to send money via WU I had to show work/business permit/license. I called WU and was told all I needed was to show where the $ came from. This was at every bank with a WU in Dalat,VN. Ended up with me calling WU from the bank, getting the bank manager in/on the call and the rules explained to her. All I needed was my ATM receipt to show where the money came from and it had to cover the amount I was sending. I tried at other banks and was told no you can't and that was after I explained it to them.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Up to $2000 out of the Bred banks ATM for $4. is the best deal ( cheapest ) in the whole country ,
I know for a fact jack.. I take out $3000 every month for $8. Total fees ..
cant be beat … for US dollars 💵 no conversion fees here whatsoever ..
any other types of transfers over any ways costs boocoup bucks !
I can use american credit card at supermarket or Burger King no conversians ,commissions , or service charges ..
ABA for anything else and NO OTHER BANKS auto deal with
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Piss: Bred bank? Never heard of it. The only other CC I have is AMEX and that's pretty much a no go for Cambodia. As far as the currency conversion fee for Visa I'm SOL on that one. I had the manager of my CU call Visa and Visa told her "if you use Visa outside the US you get charged it".
I do use my Visa card everywhere I can but many places these days (Cambodian owned restaurants) will only accept cash or ABA as a form of payment. But the "Bred" bank if you can tell me more about it (locations) I'll use their ATM's. Thanks Pissontheroof.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

LionelBurns wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 10:11 am Piss: Bred bank? Never heard of it. The only other CC I have is AMEX and that's pretty much a no go for Cambodia. As far as the currency conversion fee for Visa I'm SOL on that one. I had the manager of my CU call Visa and Visa told her "if you use Visa outside the US you get charged it".
I do use my Visa card everywhere I can but many places these days (Cambodian owned restaurants) will only accept cash or ABA as a form of payment. But the "Bred" bank if you can tell me more about it (locations) I'll use their ATM's. Thanks Pissontheroof.
Yea , I let my AmEx card expire , but the chase visa works great for the big supermarket and Burger King , i doubt it would be free if there was money conversion involved , I was so happy getting 1000 out of UCB for $5 , but when they racked up the office here i was lucky to find about 10 ATMs in a row at the supermarket and BRED was the best deal ..
they have a few in siemreap , maybe they got ‘em there .. only $4 ! Image
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

atms

https://www.bredcambodia.com/contact-us/#atm-locations

lots in pp, 1 at sr airport and their branch
none elsewhere

International VISA Card:
ATM withdrawal limits
Daily BRED Bank ATMs: $1000
Daily local bank ATMs: $1000 + $1 per transaction
Daily International ATMs: $1000 + 1% fee + $3 per transaction
Global monthly limit: $10,000
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:48 am atms

none elsewhere

International VISA Card:
ATM withdrawal limits
That’s all wrong.

Must be outdated information more than a few in siem reap and I never been but the airport ain’t even open .
I know for a fact jack
And both my bank and credit card company foot the responsibility to get me a new card here when the old one is kaput
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Thanks gentlemen.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:48 am atms

none elsewhere

International VISA Card:
ATM withdrawal limits
Just to clarify, those card details ^^ are for a local Bred bank card for an account in Cambodia and withdrawing from local funds.

The discussion around using Bred ATMs was in context of using an overseas card and withdrawing from your overseas accounts. AFAIK the Bred withdrawal limit for overseas cards is $2000 ($2500?) with $4 fee. NB how much of that you can actually take out will depend on your card's issuer limits. I can only speak for Aus and 3 of my cards have $A2000 (approx $US1500). Each card from different banks and I had to ask one to increase the limit to the maximum of $A2000 (previously $A1000).
RVN67
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by RVN67 »

Clutch, yep gotcha 👌
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic