Good, legit Doctor in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Good, legit Doctor in Phnom Penh

Post by bittermelon »

I've had a search looking for " doctor for Cambodians " and can't find anything. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm after the kind of place an expat who isn't loaded would take his missus ( maybe not necessarily same as he would go)

On my return trip to Phnom Penh after 13 months I met up with a Vietnamese woman I knew from the year before. Not long after greetings she hit me up for 130$ for an abortion. I'very always taken the position that I am neither pro nor against abortion and I didn't want a weird, funny coloured, midget, half Vietnamese half Kiwi kid with a humongous pumpkinhead to grow up and work in the brick factory when he turned 5 so I gave her the money. I asked the friendly dude on the desk to get her a taxi there and when he heard the name he said " ohhhh that one is very good. They have the REAL Doctor". Which was good to know. But I can'tell remember the name.

So, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Good, legit Doctor in Phnom Penh

Post by Chuck Borris »

https://www.mariestopes.org.kh/ have good reputation.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Thanks Chuck. I think my post might have given the impression that i was after the old baby vaccum cleaner treatment again. Actually just after a (non-Vietnamese, shes not a huge fan of the neighbours for some reason)doctor with a degree in Medicine that can look at the basket of drugs shes taking and hopefully whittle them down a bit.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Well the offices chuck mentioned are directly for contraceptive reasons, sen sok location did have a western (possibly volunteer doctor) who did several follow ups with my wife to get her birth control in check.

There's a few french trained doctors at Sorphear poly clinic over by Olympic stadium, I trust my son and the rest of my family with them. Have you attempted to look at the drugs she's taking yourself? You'd probably find out a lot are just vitamins or one being a cough medicine to help her sleep at night.

Edit - And I'm talking some genuine French medical school fellas, their anesthesiologist wouldn't shut up and stop showing me pictures of him and his class from his 2018 education retreat in Nice.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Thanks Darkcel. Thats a good idea about the meds and you do have a point about the vitamins. I have tried to get her to show me when we video call but the resolution makes reading the names difficult. I think I will get her to photo eac h one for me. One concern I have is that she may be taking too much of something. I'm no doctor but as a somewhat literate person from a "developed" country i know a few things she doesn't. Occurs to me that many Cambodians wouldnt really understand the difference between brandnames and drug names so could end up taking too much Paracetamol or something that way.
Shonen
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by Shonen »

I have always found Chenda Polyclinic pretty good. Give it a Google.
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Thanks Shonen. Go ogling gives me the triangle exclamation mark thing though. Not such a great start.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic