Visa on arrival for selected countries at Thai international airports

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Visa on arrival for selected countries at Thai international airports

Post by phuketrichard »

mannanman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:28 am
atst wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:49 am Looks like Thailand has the jump on Cambodia and Vietnam for attracting tourist before Xmas
That’s actually good for Cambodia as it’s on most people’s itinerary anyway who are visiting Thailand.
I’d imagine there’s far more people who do that than just come to Cambodia only, same for Vietnam - go there pop over to the also ran Cambodia.
HMM 2019 ; 39 mil tourists Thailand vs 6 for Cambodia,
guess its not on 'most" travelers list LOL

COE: certificate of entry
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

atst wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:49 am Looks like Thailand has the jump on Cambodia and Vietnam for attracting tourist before Xmas
Agreed, Vietnam is well behind in comparison with its vaccination program and by extension that's feeding through to its own gradual reopening timetable/process so far.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:58 am
Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:53 am
phuketrichard wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:31 am note 64 countries, ( most western passports) get 30 day FREE visa exempt on arrival

and this does not bypass quarantine, needing a COE Before you arrive, medical insurance, pre booked hotel quarantine booking
pre paid covid tests
Hi Richard, it was 45 days for FREE when i arrived 2 months ago, and i didnt think it changed afterwords !! ??
that was cause they were giving you an extra 15 days for the quarantine you were forced to do.
quarantine is now down to 7 days
.....Previous permitted period of stay was 30 days; the extension to 45 days will be in effect until 30 September 2021
https://thaiembdc.org/visa-exemption-an ... n-arrival/

I posted on another thread Thailand is ahead in attracting tourists :facepalm: an was shot down>>> :facepalm:
Eh, Thailand is hugely behind its own expectations and the reopening targets it set itself which is what is important and relevant. I doubt that's a shock to any of the posters here who all highlighted the likely lack of attraction given both the requirements and what was on offer. Let's not paint it as anything other than a fairly damp squib, still not sure they grasp the fact even after the disappointment so far tourists expect the prospect of a quality hassle free offering before making a booking.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:46 am
mannanman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:28 am
That’s actually good for Cambodia as it’s on most people’s itinerary anyway who are visiting Thailand.
I’d imagine there’s far more people who do that than just come to Cambodia only, same for Vietnam - go there pop over to the also ran Cambodia.
HMM 2019 ; 39 mil tourists Thailand vs 6 for Cambodia,
guess its not on 'most" travelers list LOL

COE: certificate of entry
No you [Mod edit: no need to name call]. I meant the majority of visitors to Cambodia come through Thailand or Vietnam and add Cambodia as a secondary destination, rather than it being their first.

We know how much you’ve got a boner for Thailand. It’s obvious they have far more visitors than Cambodia.
People of the world, spice up your life.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

Somewhere between Oct 14-17, the all powerful Thai CCSA is supposed to, maybe, possibly, consider the alcohol question.

Of course, the reality is, as most people know, you can get a drink anytime, anywhere. My Bangkok local has been serving booze openly and brazenly, so much so we sit outside now and chat and drink away. (I left Thailand for Canada a few days ago but I assume it's still the case.)

But if the CCSA refuses to recognize this and keeps the clamps on the beer taps and spirits, no "tourist" is going to go to Thailand. And by extension, there will be far fewer spillover visitors (maybe none) to Cambodia. VN is at distant point behind TH and KH.

I really haven't a clue what the CCSA is trying to do on the bar/pub/karaoke question, never mind the restaurants that cannot serve beer/wine to diners (although they do, of course.) The CCSA's reasons for blocking alcohol just rattles the brain when you see the local Thais sit around in groups eating and boozing in front of their back soi homes.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

7 days of quarantine for those who are fully vaccinated. (2 doses) in the newspaper article posted there is the list of vaccines approved by thai, and by oms.

Ps:however even if they reduce the days of quarantine in pattaya and bangkok with no nightlife closed beach and go go bars closed, it's a shit.
Depression and sadness.

...Walking Street in pattaya looks like a street from the movie "I m legend"
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Kigna wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:39 am Ps:however even if they reduce the days of quarantine in pattaya and bangkok with no nightlife closed beach and go go bars closed, it's a shit.
Depression and sadness.
I agree. "Reopening" some more in November but refusing to reconsider things like the alcohol ban in restaurants and "entertainment" before December doesn't go together very well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Alex wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:33 am
Kigna wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:39 am Ps:however even if they reduce the days of quarantine in pattaya and bangkok with no nightlife closed beach and go go bars closed, it's a shit.
Depression and sadness.
I agree. "Reopening" some more in November but refusing to reconsider things like the alcohol ban in restaurants and "entertainment" before December doesn't go together very well.
My mate from London is getting all excited about his upcoming trip to Thailand at Xmas. I am trying to keep his expectations low: not to book any flights until he knows they are actually flying; wait for the zero-quarantine rule to actually get implemented; don't expect any hassle free extension trips to Phnom Penh to be on the cards.

Having told him all that, the issue of what the place is going to be like by then. Bangkok might be ok, but Pattaya is supposedly a ghost town and that isn't going to be back to anything like the 'old normal' for a very long time to come.

Until it does get back to something like 2019, people won't go in any great numbers. Without great numbers it won't get back to anything like 2019.

It could be a very slow and gradual process.
Khmer_Risotto
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmer_Risotto »

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 77917909ff
Thai prime minister plans to drop required virus quarantines

BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand plans to no longer require international visitors from at least 10 low-risk nations to quarantine beginning next month if they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19, the prime minister said Monday.

In a televised speech, Prayuth Chan-ocha said the first group would include arrivals from the United Kingdom, Singapore, Germany, China and the United States. The list would be expanded on Dec. 1, and then made even more extensive on Jan. 1, he said.
snookieboi
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by snookieboi »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:31 am Thailand just got removed from the UK's (silly) Red List, so no quarantine on return form Thailand.

With the removal of quarantine in Thailand from November 1st, Thailand just became quite user friendly for a Xmas break.

Enjoy all that pent up enthusiasm of hoards of Brits arriving...
Yea but you need a covd test before you enter Thailand plus Another in Thailand, for the fully vaccinated "To be permitted" ? Countries.
2 expensive tests; That kinda will annoy peeps enough to not bother whatsoever. It t kinda doesn't make sense whatsoever.
Then drink restrictions etc...
More than just any old backpacker.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic