2005 Toyota Vitz / Yaris

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
lostjeremy
Expatriate

2005 Toyota Vitz / Yaris

Post by lostjeremy »

Phnom Penh

For sale due to relocation.

2005 Toyota Vitz aka Yaris.
4 door hatchback

I am the only owner since it's arrival from Japan 1 year ago. It has been well maintained and serviced.

It was thoroughly inspected by the Toyota Head Office/Dealership 2 weeks ago. It only needed 4 things all of which I have already completed.
-5000k oil service
-Air filter
-Fresh transmission oil
-All 4 new tires

Spark plugs were changed last year

Car currently has 129500 km / 80,500 miles

Tax card and sticker are current.
Inspection is good until Sept. 2022

$8,800 / obo

Sent from my CPH2159 using Tapatalk

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: 2005 Toyota Vitz / Yaris

Post by Doc67 »

I'm still astonished about the costs of cars here. I know there is a lot of duty on imported cars, but how much duty can they put on a 15 year old small car?

I had a look at the price of the same car in the UK and there are plenty available from traders for about £1000 ($1360), which means they are £500-£700 privately or from the auctions.

Having said that, if there were plenty of cars available for $1000, just imagine what the traffic in PP would be like. Best keep them prohibitively expensive.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Sadly the locals couldn't give a monkeys about a good service history, you'll struggle to shift it at that price I'd reckon - but it's not far off.

Yes Doc, the prices are bonkers - this can also be in your favour on the Japanese cars though; I'm still astonished to this day that I drove mine for three years or more and still sold it for about $1k less than I paid for it. In any other market it would be worth peanuts.

https://www.khmer24.com/en/cars/search? ... 67&sortby=
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

lostjeremy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:49 am Phnom Penh

I am the only owner since it's arrival from Japan 1 year ago.

Japanese vehicle?

Is it LHD or RHD?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:42 pm I'm still astonished about the costs of cars here. I know there is a lot of duty on imported cars, but how much duty can they put on a 15 year old small car?
You will pay the same rate for a 20 year old vehicle as a 4 year old vehicle

Then for 1, 2 and 3 year old cars it gets more expensive depending on engine capacity, whether the car is a "luxury" brand etc

It's fucking ridiculous; cars that get sent to scrap in USA get bought for $100, shipped here and sold for $8k lol
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Doc67 wrote:I'm still astonished about the costs of cars here. I know there is a lot of duty on imported cars, but how much duty can they put on a 15 year old small car?

I had a look at the price of the same car in the UK and there are plenty available from traders for about £1000 ($1360), which means they are £500-£700 privately or from the auctions.

Having said that, if there were plenty of cars available for $1000, just imagine what the traffic in PP would be like. Best keep them prohibitively expensive.
Not gonna argue that, car prices are rediculous here. The asking price was about in the middle of the going range for the same car on Khmer 24. My plans were postponed soon after I posted this but CEO wouldn't give me a delete post option. Will be putting it up for sale again soon.

lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Spigzy wrote:Sadly the locals couldn't give a monkeys about a good service history, you'll struggle to shift it at that price I'd reckon - but it's not far off.

Yes Doc, the prices are bonkers - this can also be in your favour on the Japanese cars though; I'm still astonished to this day that I drove mine for three years or more and still sold it for about $1k less than I paid for it. In any other market it would be worth peanuts.

https://www.khmer24.com/en/cars/search? ... 67&sortby=
Which is why I put it for sale on expat based platforms first. I know the different mindsets. I for one would pay double for something just to have something I know will be reliable and peace of mind.

lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Jerry Atrick wrote:
lostjeremy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:49 am Phnom Penh

I am the only owner since it's arrival from Japan 1 year ago.

Japanese vehicle?

Is it LHD or RHD?
Converted in Japan to LHD before shipping here.

lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

For sale again....I had a couple messages before but I had to hold on to the car for awhile longer due to changes in plans but I was unable to edit or delete my original post

Now I need to sell quickly before leaving the country in a couple weeks.
Couple of changes from the original post....

It now has an extra 1,000km so it's at about 130500.

I am more motivated to sell it now so price is $7200 or best reasonable offer.

I don't think you'll find a comparable one cheaper on Khmer24 or Facebook but prove me wrong and I'll edit my price again

lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Sold

Admin feel free to delete this post as it doesn't give me the option to delete it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic