16Yo Youth Amputated by Train

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

16Yo Youth Amputated by Train

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 4:35 am on October 10, 2021, at the railway in Ang village, Sangkat Choam Chao 3, Khan Po Sen Chey, an unidentified junk collector boy was amputated on the arm and leg by a running train while he was sleeping.

The young victim, aged about 16, was rescued and taken to the hospital by the villagers who heard him screaming for help.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 16Yo Youth Amputated by Train

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Police search for relatives of 15-year-old crushed by train
Voun Dara | Publication date 10 October 2021 | 21:30 ICT
The Kantha Bopha Children’s Hospital in Phnom Penh and police are searching for the relatives of a 15-year-old boy who is now receiving intensive care after being run over by a train at around 4am on October 10 in Por Sen Chey district.

On the morning of October 10, the hospital posted an urgent notification on Facebook attempting to locate the boy’s relatives as surgeons were still working hard to save his life in the operating room.

“We would like to announce a search for the relatives of the 15-year-old boy known only as Chheurm who was run over by the train. He lost his left arm, both legs and suffered severe bleeding head injuries.

“The boy was rushed to the hospital without a relative. Surgeons are now trying to save his life. Please contact 012 812 248,” the hospital said.

As of the evening of October 10, no relatives of the boy have come forward.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/ ... shed-train
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Poor kid

I wish somebody would tell them to stop sleeping on the railway tracks, & find somewhere safer to sleep

Happens far too often
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

Sleeping? on the tracks? -I doubt it.
Rings of the "heart attack" line.

If that were me, I'd wish the Doc would have some sympathy/humanity and cleverly fail to do his best.
I don't wanna wake up from that! good god.
Better to be a juvenile offender for chrissake!
jaclu
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by jaclu »

sanjuro wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:36 pm Sleeping? on the tracks? -I doubt it.

If that were me, I'd wish the Doc would have some sympathy/humanity and cleverly fail to do his best.
Most people who get unintentionally amputated or otherwise handicaped by accident, initially feel something like that, but most get over it. Still thinking it sucks, but adopts to their new condition, and try to have a life given the new limitations. In virtually all cases having a life beats not living. You will be dead pretty soon anyhow, so it's not like you are gonna miss that experience by delaying it.
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

jaclu wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:21 pm
sanjuro wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:36 pm Sleeping? on the tracks? -I doubt it.

Most people who get unintentionally amputated or otherwise handicaped by accident, initially feel something like that, but most get over it. Still thinking it sucks, but adopts to their new condition, and try to have a life given the new limitations. In virtually all cases having a life beats not living. You will be dead pretty soon anyhow, so it's not like you are gonna miss that experience by delaying it.
Have some empathy. Even a head floating in an aerated jar is worth living?? Hell as, NO.
The kid is a scrapper for chissake. Possibly a homeless orphan. Then the warm, loving hospital releases him to his family to now be a burden as he goes through puberty??
Seriously, some people seem to think Paradise is a godless bureaucracy billing your family while you're on life support, then releasing you as an amputee vegetable so you can put puzzles together the rest of your life because the life saving beauty of science.

I don't think so.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Some of these "sleeping on the tracks" incidents are probably suicides. Other times they are just people fucked up on rice wine or glue and the railway track seems like a nice flat, dry place to chill out in. It's tragic anyway, the kid has no legs and only one arm left, he's fuct.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic