Business visa requirements

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Business visa requirements

Post by timmydownawell »

With vaccination rate in KH being so high I suspect they'll relax entry requirements in the next few months. If they offer Tourist visas again it'd be hard to justify retaining the current tight rules on E class visas.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:02 am With vaccination rate in KH being so high I suspect they'll relax entry requirements in the next few months. If they offer Tourist visas again it'd be hard to justify retaining the current tight rules on E class visas.
You seem to be very confident about this happening soon. I agree with you, that it would be nice to return too some normality, and the chance too travel once again. You mention the vaccination rate in KH being so high, and it maybe so, but again the majority have been vaccinated with one of the two Chinese vaccines. I know all vaccines will not stop anyone from getting the viruses, that was proved by the Chinese who happened to be here and wanting too return home too that of their own, if so they must do 14 days quarantine before returning. Why was that time of quarantine implemented! Because it was said that some Chinese returned with being infected with covid19. The Chinese were too very concerned about their vaccines, also at the time suggesting a booster. I also would say Cambodia has been very open to some aspects, mainly Chinese travelers, and that of their own migrant workers, I suppose if there was no random testing, being that they only test people who are actually ill with covid19, the figures would have stayed low, like now.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:42 pm
timmydownawell wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:02 am With vaccination rate in KH being so high I suspect they'll relax entry requirements in the next few months. If they offer Tourist visas again it'd be hard to justify retaining the current tight rules on E class visas.
You seem to be very confident about this happening soon. I agree with you, that it would be nice to return too some normality, and the chance too travel once again. You mention the vaccination rate in KH being so high, and it maybe so, but again the majority have been vaccinated with one of the two Chinese vaccines. I know all vaccines will not stop anyone from getting the viruses, that was proved by the Chinese who happened to be here and wanting too return home too that of their own, if so they must do 14 days quarantine before returning. Why was that time of quarantine implemented! Because it was said that some Chinese returned with being infected with covid19. The Chinese were too very concerned about their vaccines, also at the time suggesting a booster. I also would say Cambodia has been very open to some aspects, mainly Chinese travelers, and that of their own migrant workers, I suppose if there was no random testing, being that they only test people who are actually ill with covid19, the figures would have stayed low, like now.
Just my personal views on this: I feel they will assess what happens post Pchum Ben. My belief is they are putting their faith in the Sino* vaccines and will let it rip, in the hope that enough protection is provided by them, that hardly anyone needs to be hospitalised or die. Or, more accurately, as few as possible (some "acceptable" number in their eyes). I don't know about you but I'm at the point that I can roll with this. Let's see how the numbers turn out in 1-2 weeks. If they're to be believed at all.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:58 pm
Just my personal views on this: I feel they will assess what happens post Pchum Ben. My belief is they are putting their faith in the Sino* vaccines and will let it rip, in the hope that enough protection is provided by them, that hardly anyone needs to be hospitalised or die. Or, more accurately, as few as possible (some "acceptable" number in their eyes). I don't know about you but I'm at the point that I can roll with this. Let's see how the numbers turn out in 1-2 weeks. If they're to be believed at all.
It has only really been more of this year where we have seen daily numbers of the ongoing Covid19 here, now they stop tests, and obviously the numbers drop, although the death rate is still high, and something of a concern.
But overall I would have thought Cambodia could have lived with the Covid19 situation a long time ago, but I think that the officials look at what other countries are doing, kind of wait and let some others test the waters first.
When everything levels out, then just maybe the health officials will look to their areas of neglect with Covid19 concerns taking their time. There will be numbers of other illness and dieses that will outnumber those of Covid19.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I make you right, they have to get on with it, and now they accept that fact. It's a mindset thing, for the government and the public.

Their problem is after 1 year of maintaining a zero-Covid-19 policy, with a good deal of success (if you believe the numbers), the wheels came off in February and despite their best efforts and all the hyperbole used to frighten people - the deadly, lethal, viscous, killer virus etc - it is game over for a Zero-Covid policy.

The hyperbole and fearmongering is long gone from all the reporting. The seem prepared to accept 200 infections and 20 deaths a day as being part of the 'new normal' and the new baseline for fully opening up.

Europe arrived at these conclusions last year, Cambodia and it's neighbours are just getting their heads around it as they managed to delay the inevitable by about a year. Good try but, alas, not good enough.

It's a good decision and quite a brave one, so kudos to them on that score. Let's hope they also get sensible as to air travel and get some tourist $'s flowing again.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:10 pm
I make you right, they have to get on with it, and now they accept that fact. It's a mindset thing, for the government and the public.

Their problem is after 1 year of maintaining a zero-Covid-19 policy, with a good deal of success (if you believe the numbers), the wheels came off in February and despite their best efforts and all the hyperbole used to frighten people - the deadly, lethal, viscous, killer virus etc - it is game over for a Zero-Covid policy.

The hyperbole and fearmongering is long gone from all the reporting. The seem prepared to accept 200 infections and 20 deaths a day as being part of the 'new normal' and the new baseline for fully opening up.

Europe arrived at these conclusions last year, Cambodia and it's neighbours are just getting their heads around it as they managed to delay the inevitable by about a year. Good try but, alas, not good enough.

It's a good decision and quite a brave one, so kudos to them on that score. Let's hope they also get sensible as to air travel and get some tourist $'s flowing again.
Lockdown was a global mistake, but all the countries followed along with it bar some exceptions who didn't do better or worse overall than those who did
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Lockdown was a global mistake, but all the countries followed along with it bar some exceptions who didn't do better or worse overall than those who did
Totally disagree. Lockdowns saved a lot of lives and bought a lot of time for vaccines to be rolled out.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:07 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Totally disagree. Lockdowns saved a lot of lives and bought a lot of time for vaccines to be rolled out.
Lockdowns v's complete freedom; sure, lockdowns had some effect to slow things down and therefore saving some lives. But on the issue of closing borders and quarantining people, unless it was done VERY early and ruthlessly - think New Zealand and Australia - it has little benefit once the virus has taken hold. Once this has occurred sealed borders and quarantine is utterly futile and economically devastating to countries where tourism is a significant part of their GDP.

Colombia and Mexico are good examples. Colombia closed her borders and enforced brutal lockdowns in mid March 2020 which lasted many months, and this was when numbers where still very low. Mexico did not close her borders and had some short term lockdowns. The infection rates and deaths were broadly similar. If anything Colombia fared worse but Mexico had some dubious record keeping. However, Deaths per Million is something a bit harder to hide.

(Colombia have given up now, and not before time, see below**).

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

**https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabriellei ... d121d37a76
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Here's a little challenge for forum members...see if you can all go a day without derailing a thread with off-topic discussions about the virus, vaccines, lockdowns, etc. Would it be that difficult? There are plenty of dedicated threads for those discussions.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Some people have nothing else to talk about.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic