Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Mandatory showing of vaccination card in Phnom Penh

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

clutchcargo wrote:
Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:32 am Given Phnom Penh is supposedly 100% vaccinated it makes you wonder who they are trying catch?
Flush out the last remaining refuseniks Image

Seriously tho, does anyone believe the 99-100% anyway? That stat assumes a recent and effective population census no?
They literally had a national census in late 2019...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:09 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:03 am
jaggop wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:50 am
AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:43 am Interesting move, but then if this was too be implemented, it would have been thought fair warning and maybe the vaccination roll out should have been made mandantory.
Since there is no information about implementation date, maybe this is our fair warning?
If that would be the case, it would be interesting where and how people have not been vaccinated are going to go about trying to get vaccinated now.
Royal pp have said they're getting Moderna/Pfizer soon 250-300 for both shots, definitely not a bad deal at all
Haha, yes, but wait for the add-ons!
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 12:44 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:43 am Interesting move, but then if this was too be implemented, it would have been thought fair warning and maybe the vaccination roll out should have been made mandantory.
Since there is no information about implementation date, maybe this is our fair warning?
If that would be the case, it would be interesting where and how people have not been vaccinated are going to go about trying to get vaccinated now.
Royal pp have said they're getting Moderna/Pfizer soon 250-300 for both shots, definitely not a bad deal at all
I went there last Friday in order to obtain the latest info. I spook with a few individuals asking about the vaccination starting date and the price, no one was able to answer my queries, I got a maybe next month.

Boredom is like a shroud
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Might as well be a negative covid test @ 95$
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I've risked having the AZ as a booster after two shots of Sinovac, but seriously, where is the data that shows it's safe to have three different vaccines swimming around your body?

What do they say about never mixing your drinks?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:54 pm
Might as well be a negative covid test @ 95$
I paid the Royal PP $231.50 for a Covid test they insisted on doing prior to surgery. That was $190 for the test and $41.50 for the bits and pieces.
If they do a vaccination, they may well also charge for the doctor fee, nursing fee, syringe, needle, bandaid etc etc.
Unless the 250-300 is an all-inclusive package, I would expect to be getting billed for $600+, after all the add-ons.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:41 am
Doc67 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:32 am
Kammekor wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:00 am It's not about them implementing, it's about local businesses enforcing. Just like QR code scanning. In entire Phnom Penh there's only two places I know insisting on me scanning their QR code. And one's a medical facility. But it's compulsory everywhere.
Better stop worrying.

There are some spots where you have to show the card, for instance some provincial borders. If you can't show the card they'll test you before letting you in.
Sure, but when the QR scanning came in it was adopted quite widely. Now it is just for show. But the police can walk in to any premises and demand to see all the cards, no need to interact with an app or peoples phones to see who scanned in. It's a good excuse for on the spot fines for not carrying your card.

I can see a few places adopting it, but for how long nobody knows.

Given Phnom Penh is supposedly 100% vaccinated it makes you wonder who they are trying catch?
If you mean: 'loads of places put up a card with a QR code', I agree.

If you mean: 'the majority started scanning / using the QR codes' I disagree.
I was in Phnom Penh at the time and only a few days after the introduction I was forced to look for the QR scanner app on my phone @ Brown Coffee.

If they start enforcing flashing the card for entry the competent authorities will soon face the problem of the ink of the cards wearing off very quickly, making quick checks rather useless. My guess is fourteen days in a sweaty wallet will do.
I made a good picture of mind on both side and I have picture of my passport bio page, I was asked at the Paris Baguettes, Bouchon Wine Bar and they let me in without question.
Boredom is like a shroud
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Cambodia needs an app. Here in Vietnam, it was a rocky start, as each province had its own vaccination app, but they are now consolidating all systems. I now have a QR code on my phone showing I am vaccinated. Much easier than carrying a piece of paper and, God forbid, losing it.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

hanno wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:12 pm Cambodia needs an app. Here in Vietnam, it was a rocky start, as each province had its own vaccination app, but they are now consolidating all systems. I now have a QR code on my phone showing I am vaccinated. Much easier than carrying a piece of paper and, God forbid, losing it.
You don’t need to carry it just a copy and they have a QR code.

Not quite as modern as Vietnam but still works well.
People of the world, spice up your life.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

So hard core antivaxxers best go home as it's only a matter of time before no-fly without the jab.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic