1 Dead, 15 Injured in Sorya Bus Crash

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

1 Dead, 15 Injured in Sorya Bus Crash

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

1 person died and another 15 were injured when a Sorya Bus crashed into a truck.

Authorities are not sure what caused the accident, but based on the position of the vehicles, they are guessing it was the bus drivers fault.

Foreigners were on the bus but no injuries to them reported.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: 1 Dead, 15 Injured in Sorya Bus Crash

Post by General Mackevili »

Is that cop looking for shit to steal?
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Bloody hell! What a mess
Sailorman
Expatriate

Post by Sailorman »

What Highway? Headed where? Looks like just another truck/bus accident. Also looks like the van was following to close. I sure wish that they would stop the containers/beer trucks coming out of Snooky going to PP using Hwy#4 and make them use the railroad. There would be a lot less deaths on highway #4, the Death Highway From Hell.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

I read this news in Khmer language. The bus was heading to kratie province.
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Was picked up at Denpasar airport on Sunday morning at 2am by an exhausted driver who had to take me an hour and a half further to my final destination. It seemed his approach was to get there as fast as possible before he fell asleep. At 100km an hour I sat at up a little straighter, at 110 the heart rate became a little more elevated, and when we finally hit 120 right up the ass of another lunatic, I demanded he slow to no faster than 80km an hour for the duration of our journey. The repeated "tsking" and heavy sighs emanating from my very own Alain Prost the rest of the trip nearly got him cigarette burns to the back of his neck.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Had a taxi driver in Vienna that literally got us airborne down the back streets a couple of times. F1 fan.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

One Japanese woman – a passenger on the Sorya Transportation Company bus – was seriously injured and rushed to Phnom Penh, while 14 others, including a number of foreign nationals, were slightly injured, said Duong Sothy, district police chief.

Police said the crash appeared to be head-on, and resulted from the bus attempting to pass cars on Route 73.

“We found that the bus veered onto the other side of the road at high speed,” Sothy said. “But we cannot say . . . who is wrong before further investigation.”

Witnesses also said the bus, travelling from Phnom Penh, had been speeding.

Four French nationals, two Dutch, one German and one Swiss were among those treated for minor injuries at a hospital in Kratie.

A Sorya Transportation Company staffer said yesterday they were unaware of the crash.

http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/s ... injures-15

:facepalm:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
thePeck
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by thePeck »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote:“We found that the bus veered onto the other side of the road at high speed,” Sothy said. “But we cannot say . . . who is wrong before further investigation.”
Of course, no way to tell...
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:Police said the crash appeared to be head-on, and resulted from the bus attempting to pass cars on Route 73.
Witnesses also said the bus, travelling from Phnom Penh, had been speeding.
Ya I don't know, it's really not clear...
CEOCambodiaNews wrote:A Sorya Transportation Company staffer said yesterday they were unaware of the crash.
I'm surprised the staffer didn't ask which recent crash they were referring to.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

LoL, that's probably what they meant!
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic