Buy veggies and fruits in Phnom Penh

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Malvagik
Tourist
Greece

Buy veggies and fruits in Phnom Penh

Post by Malvagik »

Hello people, i recently moved in Phnom Penh after years living in Malaysia. I realised the prices of fruits and veggies (and groceries in general) are way higher compared other SE Asian countries. Even i buy at Russian Market, still expensive. Is it me buying in the wrong places ?

Would be highly appreciated advices on where to buy food inexpensive her in PP, especially greens and fruits.

Thanks a lot 🙏
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Buy veggies and fruits in Phnom Penh

Post by nemo »

A lot of fresh food comes from Vietnam. Be advised that leafy greens are often (always ?) fertilized with human shit and will nearly always give you the shits if eaten raw, in my experience.
Pesticide contamination is widespread.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Prices of veggies and meat went up at least 20% since the corona started.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Malvagik wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:58 pm Would be highly appreciated advices on where to buy food inexpensive her in PP, especially greens and fruits.
Psah Damkor is where all the other markets get their fruit and vegetables.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

Green O Farm in BBK is where I go. Organic fruit and veg and a good price.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Doeurm Kor Market has the cheapest vegetable prices in town, just bought 3kg of potatoes for 2 dollars. It's also the market a majority of vegetable sellers purchase theirs from as you can buy 20-30kg sacks of them at night for a cheap price.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic