Should I buy a condo in Cambodia??

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Should I buy a condo in Cambodia??

Post by cabron »

HappyChappy wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:37 am So after living in Cambodia for two years I've decided south east Asia is for me. But being from the uk.....I can't own land :facepalm:

So if I can own a condo, my plan is, to save my pennies until I have enough for a deposit, HOPEFULLY be able to get a mortgage, and get the ball rolling on being a property owner.

Now I looked into it and it looks like I could get a place and pay off the mortgage within 10 years......my thoughts are, once I own it I could rent it out, keep it as a holiday home, or maybe sell it and upgrade.

Now if I plan on living in it I'm not too worried about it depreciating because I'll want it for the long-term. I just want to know what the risks are. Should I maybe consider doing the same thing but in Thailand or Vietnam?? The visa process is so much easier here I'm thinking Cambodia is a good choice, are the neighbouring countries a better idea??? I work online so I can take my work anywhere really so I don't HAVE to buy here. I've become quite accustomed to this country now, I can see myself sticking around.

Thanks in advance for the advice!! Surviving in this country has been a little easier thanks to the words of wisdom on this site, hopefully you'll be able to save me from making a shit investment also :please:
Jumping from the Vattana Tower will be a better option. :BangHead:
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic