Pandora Papers expose world leaders’ offshore entities

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Pandora Papers expose world leaders’ offshore entities

Post by phuketrichard »

the rich continue to get richer while the poor are fucked

An estimated US$32 trillion (excluding non-monetary valuables such as real estate, art, and jewelry) may be hidden from being taxed, according to news reports
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora_Papers
More than a dozen heads of state and government, from Jordan to Azerbaijan, Kenya and the Czech Republic, have used offshore tax havens to hide assets worth hundreds of millions of dollars, according to a far-reaching new investigation by the ICIJ media consortium.

The so-called “Pandora Papers” investigation, involving some 600 journalists from media including The Washington Post, the BBC, The Guardian, Radio France and the Indian Express, is based on the leak of some 11.9 million documents from 14 financial services companies around the world.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/leaked-pan ... so-listed/
The more than 330 current and former politicians identified as beneficiaries of the secret accounts include Jordan's King Abdullah II, former U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair, Czech Republic Prime Minister Andrej Babis, Kenyan President Uhuru Kenyatta, Ecuador's President Guillermo Lasso, and associates of both Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan and Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The billionaires called out in the report include Turkish construction mogul Erman Ilicak and Robert T. Brockman, the former CEO of software maker Reynolds & Reynolds.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pandora-pa ... -from-tax/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
dirtymacca
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Pandora Papers expose world leaders’ offshore entities

Post by dirtymacca »

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Before I wondered what Elton John and Shakira had in common. I found out today.

Those two even have commonalities with the current minister of finance of my country. Small world, isn't it....
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:18 pm Before I wondered what Elton John and Shakira had in common. I found out today.

Those two even have commonalities with the current minister of finance of my country. Small world, isn't it....
Your finance minister likes to shake his ass on groovy tunes too ?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

The 'Pandora Papers' investigation has linked the Met museum and the British Museum with suspected looted Cambodian antiquities.
The Douglas Latchford connection:
post515455.html#p515455
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic