New Normal for Restaurants - SOP's

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New Normal for Restaurants - SOP's

Post by Clutch Cargo »

TWY wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:33 pm No data on the Chinese vaccines.
Just on that, the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in the last few days recognised Sinovac and quote:
Coronavac (Sinovac) showed an average Vaccine Efficacy and Effectiveness (VE) against symptomatic infection of 64% and an average VE against hospitalisation of 90%.

VE against symptomatic infection (surrogate for transmission) of 54%, 54%, 64%, 66% and 84% in five studies.
VE against severe infection/hospitalisation of 100%, 100%, 88% and 73% in four trials.
The standard schedule of Coronavac is 2 doses administered 14-28 days apart.

Based on regulatory, published and pre-print data this suggests the efficacy of Coronavac is comparable to the Australian-approved vaccines, although marginally lower in protection against symptomatic infection.

https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-vaccine ... ecognition
TWY
Expatriate
Macedonia

Post by TWY »

clutchcargo wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:15 pm
Just on that, the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in the last few days recognised Sinovac and quote:
Coronavac (Sinovac) showed an average Vaccine Efficacy and Effectiveness (VE) against symptomatic infection of 64% and an average VE against hospitalisation of 90%.

VE against symptomatic infection (surrogate for transmission) of 54%, 54%, 64%, 66% and 84% in five studies.
VE against severe infection/hospitalisation of 100%, 100%, 88% and 73% in four trials.

Based on regulatory, published and pre-print data this suggests the efficacy of Coronavac is comparable to the Australian-approved vaccines, although marginally lower in protection against symptomatic infection.

That is not based on the Delta variant. The 4 numbers quoted above came from Turkey, Argentina, UAE and one other country's health agencies against the original strain. As far as I've seen there is no published study on the effectiveness of Sinovac against the Delta variant.

I expect all will be approved for the simple reason that its a political fight not worth fighting. All countries will have citizens that received the Chinese vaccines and there would be an incredible outcry if a country didn't allow these vaccines in the short term.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

TWY wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:35 pm

I expect all will be approved for the simple reason that its a political fight not worth fighting. All countries will have citizens that received the Chinese vaccines and there would be an incredible outcry if a country didn't allow these vaccines in the short term.
Since the WHO approved it, it will be pretty hard for countries to not approve. Most countries have a policy one needs a national approved vaccine or a WHO approved vaccine. At least the EU does, and if the EU does many will follow.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

TWY wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:35 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:15 pm

That is not based on the Delta variant. The 4 numbers quoted above came from Turkey, Argentina, UAE and one other country's health agencies against the original strain. As far as I've seen there is no published study on the effectiveness of Sinovac against the Delta variant.

Yes, you're right I think, I wasn't sure whether they got any later data. Although I'd think the US vaccines in the above table might also be based on pre-Delta data unless they used the more recent post Delta studies I posted here: post513984.html#p513984 which shows infection efficacy declining to an average of 50%.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Well, back to Cambodia. :whistler:

What's open and what's closed ?
How's the "new normal" going in Phnom Penh ? What's changed since the last set of rules ? Nothing ? KTVs and beer gardens are still closed, but Naga is open for business ?

So confusing, and the rules change every week in different cities.
How about Siem Reap ? Open or closed now ? Officially open I think, but I suppose a lot of places are closed until next week. I see that Sihanoukville is still open for online gambling, kidnapping, modern slavery, and extortion (yeah,that's news.) I also heard they have some new public toilets to stop people from shitting on the beach during the holidays (that's good :thumb: ).

Is anyone even paying any attention to all this ? Hope you got some beer in before the holidays.
Cheers all :beer2:
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Cleaned up a few posts. A certain member can have 24hrs off for trolling.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic