Is there a Kiwi gd cu#t who could do me a favour?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Is there a Kiwi gd cu#t who could do me a favour?

Post by bittermelon »

I'm wanting to send a small amount of money -(<100)to a friend in Pp. Have sent a little several times with Western Union but it's always such a PITA. ( I have a feeling someone's going to want to know how and why and in what way but...)

So, I was just thinking that if there was such a Kiwi there I could deposit $ into your NZ account and you could pass on the US to my friend. You can keep the currency margin and the same fee WU charge or ( idealy) pass the $ to her and let me, when I return, compensate you with as many dewy handles of Anchor as you can handle ( or Angkor if you prefer beer flavored with metal tomatoes instead of hops).

* Would have to be someone who has been here (the forum) and has a bit of a record a for obvious reasons.

Curious if I am gonna get a hard time for this. Forums are a funny thing.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Re: Is there a Kiwi gd cu#t who could do me a favour?

Post by bossho »

Hello, I am asking for you to clarify @bittermelon you are ultimately wanting less than a hundred US $ sent to a friend in the USA and you are in New Zealand and are wanting a fellow New Zealander to receive this money from you and then the Kiwi person here would then forward it on to the USA and your friend there in an unspecified way and you have noted that Western Union is a PITA. the Kiwi here would get more than fair compensation and/or beers. Does that sum up what you are wanting and what is important here?
BongSamlang
Tourist
Austria

Post by BongSamlang »

Open a WorldRemit account for free and send to Wing very fast. Saves you the hassle in future as well.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

bittermelon wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:07 pm I'm wanting to send a small amount of money -(<100)to a friend in Pp. Have sent a little several times with Western Union but it's always such a PITA. ( I have a feeling someone's going to want to know how and why and in what way but...)

So, I was just thinking that if there was such a Kiwi there I could deposit $ into your NZ account and you could pass on the US to my friend. You can keep the currency margin and the same fee WU charge or ( idealy) pass the $ to her and let me, when I return, compensate you with as many dewy handles of Anchor as you can handle ( or Angkor if you prefer beer flavored with metal tomatoes instead of hops).

* Would have to be someone who has been here (the forum) and has a bit of a record a for obvious reasons.

Curious if I am gonna get a hard time for this. Forums are a funny thing.

Not a kiwi, but FYI, you can send from NZ to Cambodia for almost free using world remit and your buddy can collect from wing with just phone number like a normal wing transfer

https://www.worldremit.com/en/faq/send-to/asia
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Oh really? Thanks very much. I will try, though I am half expecting same problems with verifying my ID. Due I think to myself being a bit off the grid- don't have an address linked to a utility.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@bittermelon I'm not a good c**t, so can't help ya out sorry (no NZ bank acct, and not currently in Cambodia).

if you are on Facebook I'd suggest asking members of the Kiwis in Cambodia group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KiwisIn ... ?ref=share
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

bossho wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:29 pm Hello, I am asking for you to clarify @bittermelon you are ultimately wanting less than a hundred US $ sent to a friend in the USA and you are in New Zealand and are wanting a fellow New Zealander to receive this money from you and then the Kiwi person here would then forward it on to the USA and your friend there in an unspecified way and you have noted that Western Union is a PITA. the Kiwi here would get more than fair compensation and/or beers. Does that sum up what you are wanting and what is important here?
I'm wanting to send a small amount of money -(<100)to a friend in Pp.

Where does the USA come into it?
duran
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by duran »

bossho wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:29 pm Hello, I am asking for you to clarify @bittermelon you are ultimately wanting less than a hundred US $ sent to a friend in the USA and you are in New Zealand and are wanting a fellow New Zealander to receive this money from you and then the Kiwi person here would then forward it on to the USA and your friend there in an unspecified way and you have noted that Western Union is a PITA. the Kiwi here would get more than fair compensation and/or beers. Does that sum up what you are wanting and what is important here?
oh my freaking word... always hits the nerve, this one. Not every place and corner on this planet is USA! He wants it forwarded to someone in PP as in PHNOM PENH!
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

oh, that was to me? yeah, I m just really US centric, and I don't speak or read Kiwi very well apparently thus I asked the OP to clarify -
anyhoo, I thought he was asking a good c#@t Kiwi here in Pp to "pass on the US to my friend" and I thought he left out an article and a dollar symbol - dont matter much do it? I do like his Pp shorthand but I am not sure its going to be accepted anytime soon

@duran my my my that's quite a big reaction for a stranger's misread and good intentions, aren't we a wee bit overreacting sweetheart?
panties all bunched up are they?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic