WTB hot water tap (e.g. Quooker)?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

WTB hot water tap (e.g. Quooker)?

Post by cautious colin »

1st world problems, the kettle takes too long to boil...

Anyone know where to get a hot water tap, like a quooker or something similar?

for anyone who doesn't know, this is a quooker tap (plenty of other brands are available)

https://www.quooker.co.uk/
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: WTB hot water tap (e.g. Quooker)?

Post by timmydownawell »

I would worry about your household wiring not being up to it. How many watts does it use?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

timmydownawell wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:28 pm I would worry about your household wiring not being up to it. How many watts does it use?
not too much, around 1600 - its basically a kettle with a big thermos.

less than a washing machine
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

You would then need a filter set up to feed your quooker assuming you will drink it.

Is the hot water out of one of the water dispensers not good enough? I have one that filters and heats (mains fed, no blue bottle) and it gets pretty hot
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Element6 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:24 pm You would then need a filter set up to feed your quooker assuming you will drink it.

Is the hot water out of one of the water dispensers not good enough? I have one that filters and heats (mains fed, no blue bottle) and it gets pretty hot
Yep, filter is easy enough. And no, the hot water from the dispenser is not hot enough. I like the hot taps, just seeing if anyone knows where I can get one
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

You could try Home living on Mao Tse Tung. They have a lot of high end kitchen appliances on the first floor and I have a nagging feeling they had something like this there. Won't be cheap though

Home Living
023 214 250
https://maps.app.goo.gl/UQsw1GTSUwWzTTdY6
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

You won't find anything like that. Just get a good kettle. You could try those water cooler/heaters. The water gets very hot (steaming), but not boiling. I'd reckon 85 or so. Or they also sell standalone kettles that keep the water warm. A lot of offices use these. Keeps the water very hot all day (near boil) in an insulated container, and you can press a button to reboil. They typically hold something like 5L so enough for a while.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic