Aussie Man Gets Struck in Parking Row with Neighbor

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Aussie Man Gets Struck in Parking Row with Neighbor

Post by Anchor Moy »

Brody wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:59 am What I do have control over is my reaction to objective events.

What I can tell you is that I'm pretty sure that my reaction to 'hand gestures' and/or someone parking in front of my house would not be to get violent.
Strong reaction from you here online though :assasin: considering that we have no information about the Australian. He could be a hapless dofus who was attacked by his nasty neighbor, or he could be an enormous meth-upped guy with a mean dog who was regularly scaring his Cambodian neighbors and acting like an arsehole.
Just looking at both possibilities since we will probably never know the whole story.

(But it would be good if the Australian guy decided to give us his version of events. :popcorn: )
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Brody wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:54 am
Grand Barong wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:38 am No violence where your from?
There probably is, I live in a huge Country.......but I have no control over that.

What I do have control over is my reaction to objective events.

What I can tell you is that I'm pretty sure that my reaction to 'hand gestures' and/or someone parking in front of my house would not be to get violent.

Some people, such as Grand Barong, applaud violent reaction to petty behaviors that wound fragile egos.

Other people, such as the majority of the civilized, educated, non bogan world, understand that there is a better way to conduct oneself. :thumb:
Yes Brodie dear,

You live in a huge Violent country

You obviously control your reactions in the real world but here you are the blueprint of a racist keyboard warrior with a short internet fuse.

You are the type that will not stand up for himself or his beliefs unless its from the safety of behind a keyboard.

You say I applaud violence, I imagine you run from it....

You say I am a bogan, but your comments about the Khmers are no less than racist bigot slurs, were you here as a sex pest/sex tourist?

It's probably best your back safe in the USA where these old violent khmers cant bang you on your yankee head with a stick....

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I don't care if you are the biggest dick head ever - it's still not cool to beat somebody half to death with a metal bar; rather a cowards move
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:14 pm - it's still not cool to beat somebody half to death with a metal bar;....

party pooper
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Is this the same bloke who owns Uncle Mac's Diner?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 12:09 pm
Grand Barong wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:19 am
Reckoning wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:49 am You support physically attacking bad parkers, double parkers, or discourteous parkers?
I haven't said I condone violence and am not a proponent of that type of behaviour, But the guy has to realise that he isn't in his home country & gesturing to
"shoot" someone while walking his dog and blocking a guys front doorway after several requests to park elsewhere has brought consequences, that some of you
find difficult to swallow.
Do you conduct yourself like this in a foreign country?
If you’re going to live in a country where the male population can be inclined to taking offense at some perceived slight while showing no sign of having done so, raging internally until reacting with extreme violence, you may want to tread carefully when getting into disputes/confrontations with them.
And a “less than impartial” police force / legal system is hardly a secret here.
I don’t imagine there’s many positive outcomes for barangs in dispute with Khmer neighbors.
I’m not saying the guy deserved a clout, but it sounds like he was pushing his luck.
Spot on.

Khmers are known to be very nice and smiley but if you fuck with them, or threaten them, you better be ready for them going 'all in'. Women especially!

Without seeing a picture of the house, where the car was parked etc it is impossible to know how aggravating his behaviour was. But the fact the Aussie has bought a car means he is established here and must know the rules of the game.

Where's the pictures of the Aussie covered covered with blood / with stiches / looking pathetic etc?
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

He was an Aussie. Had it coming on that basis alone. End of.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic