Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

do you agree with mandatory Vaccinations?

Yes
40%
No
56%
no coment
4%

Total votes: 96
JBTrain
Expatriate

Re: Do you agree with mandatory vaccinations

Post by JBTrain »

General Mackevili wrote:Hmmm, I'd say they definitely painted Trump's vaccine (which is now Biden's vaccine?) in a bad light, and ridiculed him for saying it would be ready so quickly.

60 Minutes calling a COVID-19 vaccine developed in 12 to 18 months 'fake news':

And here's Biden overselling the SAME VACCINE just recently, lol:

https://apnews.com/article/joe-biden-bu ... e2ae9a0211
I already agreed that most were skeptical the vaccine would be developed so quickly, which is different from bashing vaccines as far as I'm concerned. Nothing hypocritical however about trusting health professionals over Dr Bleach. I'll trust health experts over Biden too. I had no issue running out and getting Trump's vaccine even before I was technically eligible.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

When we are vaccinated why are we supposed to be terrified from someone unvaccinated so much so that we don't want to be in the same room as them and prepared to even stop that person from working, shopping, everything because they believe the vaccine may harm them.
There's plenty of media out there to doubt the effectiveness of the two shot vaccine how many shots are we prepared to be told to take before we start thinking no more please.
I've had my two Pfizer jabs but respect those who don't want to.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

atst wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:24 pm When we are vaccinated why are we supposed to be terrified from someone unvaccinated so much so that we don't want to be in the same room as them and prepared to even stop that person from working, shopping, everything because they believe the vaccine may harm them.
There's plenty of media out there to doubt the effectiveness of the two shot vaccine how many shots are we prepared to be told to take before we start thinking no more please.
I've had my two Pfizer jabs but respect those who don't want to.
If the unvaccinated are mixing around the community, I think they should be more 'terrified' of catching the virus and ending up in hospital than the vaccinated worrying about coming into contact with the unvaccinated.

As per my post further up post513984.html#p513984 The US vaccines (post Delta) are on average 50% effective in preventing infection and approx. 90% effective in preventing hospitalisation. Hence, the 50% vaccinated that didn't get the infection cannot pass it on. The same cannot be said for the unvaccinated in spreading infection and loading up and straining the hospitals.

Of course, this doesn't take into account any other measures that can be taken to minimise infection eg not mixing in public places where there are a lot of people, wearing masks, practicing social distancing, hand hygiene and all that.

I guess the gov't's mantra is to vaccinate as many people as possible and thereby reduce the spread of covid and then open up, remove restrictions for most people. Bearing in mind too that the longer the virus is circulating and spreading, the greater likelihood it could mutate. Countries in Africa are in this boat where there are low vaccination rates.

Of course, like the flu, I doubt they will ever eradicate covid but it can be controlled to a large degree and in time for people to develop herd immunity. I believe the vaccine provides a way to shorten that process and save many lives.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I just stumbled across this thought I'd post here

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

michael moore shoots down some myths about covid::

some good points but am still voting no
You’re scared. A million Americans could be dead by Christmas. You might be one of them. One of them might be your child. Your mother believed you when you said the vaccine was dangerous. It turned out you were the dangerous one because now she’s dead. Your grief made you dig in deeper. You still swore you’d not get vaccinated. It is humiliating to be wrong, even harder to admit it. You’ve lived your life as a good son, a great dad, a decent soul. You meant no harm — and yet, in your wake, there is a path of such misery, sickness, loss.

I love you. I won’t give up on you. I believe you meant well. But now you have to stop, surrender to the good that is still inside you. It’s not too late. Let me help. I have heard you. I have listened to your arguments. I ask now that you listen to my answers. Listen! You know me — I never do what I’m told. I know how much those in power lie to us. And I’ve lived my life rebelling against those lies.

My friends, I beseech you — let me answer your legitimate concerns about this vicious virus, this plague which has descended upon us, and these vaccines which have saved millions. I hear you. Hear me. Hear the truth. These 7 things I hear all the time:
https://www.michaelmoore.com/p/mike-ans ... aU19K_x_l4
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Wonder why.

Trend more clear at county level as red states all have blue areas ..

Clue.

Last edited by JBTrain on Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Using Tapatalk
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Guess it's because this is an artificial trained virus?
JBTrain
Expatriate

Post by JBTrain »

Kammekor wrote:Guess it's because this is an artificial trained virus?
Yes sure.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:33 pm Guess it's because this is an artificial trained virus?
@Kammekor tell us more about the "artificially trained virus" please.....
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

It is particularly perplexing that the "trumpcine " has met such resistance from his followers.
He lost a lot of his followers due to advocating this vax.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic