Hunt for BMW GS After 81 Year Old Killed in Hit and Run

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Re: Hunt for BMW GS After 81 Year Old Killed in Hit and Run

Post by Queef »

Joker Poker wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:27 am So should the bimbo that killed the Irish guy some years back, he also had a bike and was crossing a road.
Had to Google that... https://www.cambodiadaily.com/news/poli ... man-68651/

“The driver was a girl who is about 20 years old and she has not come to clarify what happened yet,” he said. “Her dad is a tourist police officer.”
Mr. Kunthea said he did not remember the name of the police officer, nor his daughter, and refused to reveal the official’s rank.

What happened to the girl? I'm assuming she got a new Range Rover.
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

Of course she got a new Range Rover and the Irish guy got shipped back to Ireland courtesy of a GoFundMe.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Jerry Atrick wrote:Think you should have a closer look at the damage to her bike, photos of her bike undamaged, and the part left at the scene.

And, to stereotype, old folk can behave like moses on national routes.

But, whatever, the rider should have stopped.
My bad. Didn't see that front fender picture as I don't click on Facebook links. Seems to be her indeed. What's funny is she's doing what any Khmer would do, but there's some hoohah in part because she's a foreigner. I've noticed people are increasingly annoyed by hit and runs, but as mentioned paying up would have solved it quickly, or rather, leaving the scene but contacting police would have been best (to avoid the gathering crowds). Some of those elderly folk on bicycles or motorbikes ride around like they're still in the village in 1948 though, it's pretty crazy the lack of awareness they sometimes have, but I guess that comes with being old.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Captain
BANNED
Afghanistan

Post by Captain »

What exactly happened in the village in 1948?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Nothing. I just meant the road they lived on was 3m wide and had zero motorized traffic, so one could turn without bothering to look over one's shoulder?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
davegorman
BANNED
France

Post by davegorman »

Captain wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:08 pm What exactly happened in the village in 1948?
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:47 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote:Think you should have a closer look at the damage to her bike, photos of her bike undamaged, and the part left at the scene.

And, to stereotype, old folk can behave like moses on national routes.

But, whatever, the rider should have stopped.
My bad. Didn't see that front fender picture as I don't click on Facebook links. Seems to be her indeed. What's funny is she's doing what any Khmer would do, but there's some hoohah in part because she's a foreigner. I've noticed people are increasingly annoyed by hit and runs, but as mentioned paying up would have solved it quickly, or rather, leaving the scene but contacting police would have been best (to avoid the gathering crowds). Some of those elderly folk on bicycles or motorbikes ride around like they're still in the village in 1948 though, it's pretty crazy the lack of awareness they sometimes have, but I guess that comes with being old.
Always makes me wonder how they managed to get that old in the first place the way they ride.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

hanno wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:34 pm

Always makes me wonder how they managed to get that old in the first place the way they ride.
This! Combined with the blind right turn into traffic, not looking when crossing the roads, and the rice wine consumption, how do they get past their 20s?

Red string?
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Any update on the arrest of the woman?
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Darkcel wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:17 pm Any update on the arrest of the woman?
She has a normal fb profile. Back to regular life I guess. Still in Singapore, but she does travel between ID and MY on a monthly basis. Perhaps the government here can catch her when she's outside SG. But as long as she stays in sg, she's safe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic