Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and info

Post by phuketrichard »

Thailand reopening may be delayed to Nov 1st
The Tourism Authority of Thailand chief Yutthasak Suphasorn seemed unconcerned that the Phase Two reopening of Thailand to foreign tourists was likely to be put back a month when the CCSA meet today.
The plan was to open up Bangkok, Chiang Mai (four districts), Cha-Am, Hua Hin and Pattaya/Sattahip from October 1st.
But this will now be put back to November 1st according to comments he made in the Thai media.
https://aseannow.com/topic/1232498-thai ... ujcnBszQrR

on the good side, covid extensions are extended again to NOv 26th>

I have No idea how many people have been using these free extensions for almost 20 month or how they are surviving.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by Bongmab69 »

ahaa, thats good news richard, will go today to immigration in phuket-town to do my extension for 60-days, and was a little confused if cambodia would not open for end november what to do, nice that i can extend another 60 days if necessary. If i compare teh extension here in Phuket with PP, its a bit weird, have to go 3 times to immigration for it, costs me more in taxi then the extension itselsfs, hahaha, but ofcours, transport is not for free, any place in the world, i can know, hahaha !! Its in the hands of the big guy overthere, wether i will sponsor again Chang- or Anchor-brewery !! Sjookaamooii !!
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:17 am on the good side, covid extensions are extended again to NOv 26th>

I have No idea how many people have been using these free extensions for almost 20 month or how they are surviving.
They aren't free, no idea why you think so. They cost 1,900 baht, just like any other extention does.

Surviving? Snow birds, digital nomads, etc. I think precious few of them could pimp themselves out to survive. Quite a few more recent arrivals seem to use Covid extensions, too, so it's not like all of them have been here since March 2020.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Alex wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:25 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:17 am on the good side, covid extensions are extended again to NOv 26th>

They aren't free, no idea why you think so. They cost 1,900 baht, just like any other extention does.

Surviving? Snow birds, digital nomads, etc. I think precious few of them could pimp themselves out to survive. Quite a few more recent arrivals seem to use Covid extensions, too, so it's not like all of them have been here since March 2020.
ur right, dont know what i was thinking at the time>>
:beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

No real surprise, the original October 1st seemed way too ambitious at the time and my own feeling was it was deliberate carrot dangling to minimise the pressure on the Government if they had come clean and announced a realistic later date back then. The critical 1-2 month delay to the start of the vaccine program was massive because timing wise it effectively crippled this coming " high " season, we are now seeing that reality crystalise. No wonder the hotels are at the forefront of complainants, with each delay they are effectively facing another year of pain as if or by the time they just get into gear they will be hitting the traditionally quieter part of next year.

The other fundamental issue is that the entertainment sector is quite clearly very last on their list of priorities in terms of reopening, and as we've seen from the limited numbers of true holidaymakers attracted to the Phuket sandbox, until they do away with their puratanical over-bearing stance towards any form of fun they're going to be looking around scatching their heads wondering why no-one is turning up.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
yong
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by yong »

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-as ... be-delayed

Thailand plans to halve quarantine for vaccinated foreign visitors as reopening may be delayed

Thailand is betting on the return of foreign tourists to revive its economy.PHOTO: EPA-EFE Published 2 hours ago

BANGKOK (BLOOMBERG) - Tourism-reliant Thailand is planning to slash a mandatory quarantine period for vaccinated international travellers to seven days to boost its economy as a wider reopening is seen delayed by a low vaccination rate.

The reduction in quarantine from the current 14 days will help boost Thailand's economy and tourism, according to Dr Opas Karnkawinpong, director-general of the Department of Disease Control.

If a shorter isolation period is approved by the nation's Covid-19 task force, it could be effective from Oct 1, he said.

Under the proposed rules, international travellers with vaccine certificates will still need to be tested for Covid-19 upon arrival and before leaving the quarantine, according to Dr Opas.

Visitors without jab certificates arriving by air will be subjected to a 10-day quarantine, while those arriving by land will have to complete a 14-day quarantine.

Thai officials have signalled a delay to previously announced plans to scrap the quarantine for visitors to several provinces, including Bangkok and Chiang Mai from Oct 1, citing their failure to meet the 70 per cent vaccination threshold for local residents.

Some tourist destinations, including the resort island of Phuket, already allow inoculated visitors to enter without quarantine.

Thailand is betting on the return of foreign tourists to revive its economy as the sector generated more than US$60 billion (S$81 billion) from about 40 million visitors in 2019.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Thailand kicks ass with record high :beer3:

Covid-19 vaccinations in Thailand have surpassed 50 million doses after a record 1.44 million were administered on Friday.
Of the doses given on Friday, 947,290 were the first shot, 320,864 were the second and the rest were the booster shot, according to government spokesman Thanakorn Wangboonkongchana.

still looks like the opening is set back to Nov 1st
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

CCSA meeting has agreed to reduce quarantine period for vaccinated international travellers to 7 days from 1 October. For those who have not been vaccinated will quarantine for 10-14 days. This needs to be approved by the cabinet and published in the Royal Gazette #Thailand

Group 1: Vaccinated people need to do 7 days. RT-PCR tests on Day 0-1 + Day 6-7
Group 2: Not vaccinated and arrive by air/sea do 10 days. RT-PCR tests on Day 0-1 + Day 8-9
Group 3: Not vaccinated and arrive by land do 14 days. RT-PCR tests on Day 0-1 + Day 12-13

note group 3!!! .....arrive by land???

not sure how the sandbox is affected or if this means ones stay on the island is now ONLY required 7 days
i would assume it is, but assuming anything in thailand is a waste of time :-)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

following a friend on fb and he just got his covid certificate;

with this he can get his yellow vaccination book for 50 baht
and have the covid vaccine entered>

Is Cambodia issuing these?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

APPROVED::
Thailand’s CCSA approves 4-phase reopening plan from October until January
Pilot Phase (1-31 October, 2021)

This will continue with the four popular beach resorts, which were the first destinations to reopen – beginning with Phuket on 1 July, then Surat Thani’s Samui, Ko Pha-ngan and Ko Tao on 15 July, and most recently Krabi and Phang-Nga on 16 August linking with Phuket under the 7+7 Extension arrangement. This phase will also see reopening of new designated areas in Krabi – Khlong Muang and Thap Khaek.

First Phase (1-30 November, 2021)

This will see the reopening extended to 10 other tourism-driven destinations. These include all areas of Bangkok, Krabi and Phang-Nga, and designated areas in Buri Ram (Mueang), Chiang Mai (Mueang, Mae Rim, Mae Taeng, and Doi Tao), Chon Buri (Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Na Jomtien, and Sattahip), Loei (Chiang Khan), Phetchaburi (Cha-Am), Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin), and Ranong (Ko Phayam).

Second Phase (1-31 December, 2021)

The reopening will be extended to 20 more provinces which are tourism-driven, well-known for art and culture, or border destinations. These include Ayutthaya, Chiang Rai, Khon Kaen, Lamphun, Mae Hong Son, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Narathiwat, Nong Khai, Pathum Thani, Phatthalung, Phetchabun, Phrae, Rayong, Samut Prakan, Songkhla, Sukhothai, Trang, Trat, and Yala.

Third Phase (1 January, 2022, onwards)

This will see the reopening of 13 border provinces, including Bueng Kan, Chanthaburi, Kanchanaburi, Mukdahan, Nakhon Phanom, Nan, Ratchaburi, Sa Kaeo, Satun, Surin, Tak, Ubon Ratchathani, and Udon Thani.
Source: https://www.tatnews.org/2021/09/thailan ... l-january/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic