Thief Nabbed for Stealing from Sleeping Hospital Patient

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thief Nabbed for Stealing from Sleeping Hospital Patient

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On September 22, 2021, the city police arrested Nhov Chhaeb, a 28-year-old man who was prowling around a hospital at night and stole two iPhone Xs and a Samsung Galaxy Fold from Seng Channy, a 30-year-old patient who forgot to lock the room while sleeping on the night of September 21.
The suspect got caught after the victim found out that she had lost the three phones and asked the hospital to see the security CCTV footage.
The suspect was arrested at the Dara Thmey guesthouse on Street 172, Sangkat Phsar Thmey 3, Khan Daun Penh, and was transferred to the Phsar Thmey 1 police station for an investigation. After the interrogation, the suspect confessed to the crime, and the phones were restored to their rightful owner.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Thief Nabbed for Stealing from Sleeping Hospital Patient

Post by Yobbo »

So very little compassion yet so dastardly enterprising.
Take from people when they are at their lowest & most vulnerable point.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

It was always my understanding that thieves immediately go to sell the phones at those shots that stay open 24/7 for just these occasions. Glad she got her phones back, but they'll do nothing with this ice thief.
duran
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by duran »

Confounds one that they managed to find him hours after the act. Lots of hiding places in this city. Not that easy to locate someone within or beyond PP without a little tech help. They probably used the Find My app.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

The Judge wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:52 pm It was always my understanding that thieves immediately go to sell the phones at those shots that stay open 24/7 for just these occasions. Glad she got her phones back, but they'll do nothing with this ice thief.
Cutting all fingers will prevents him to do it again.
Boredom is like a shroud
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Who needs 3 phones and needing them while in hospital?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

atst wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 am Who needs 3 phones and needing them while in hospital?
Maybe she'd nicked 'em off someone else. :D
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

atst wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:53 am Who needs 3 phones and needing them while in hospital?
Me …
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Are we victim blaming again?
Oh great! This may be a good time for me to standup upon my horse & show everybody how virtuous I am!
:bigeyes:
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

in Cambodia phones is a symbol of prestige, one have IPhone but sleep on floor.
Boredom is like a shroud
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic