Selling Bokor Mountain

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Selling Bokor Mountain

Post by John Bingham »

The construction workers put snares all over the place and poach a lot of wildlife.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

I went up yesterday and the only two things I have seen change since December is someone put up slow down signs with pictures of monkeys on them... I doubt if you were in a car you would even notice....plus the monkeys were on the roadside in a different area yesterday............. and last few times coming down I seen 4 big trucks "Cheng Long", if I remember right bringing gravel/small hardcore up the hill.... yesterday there were 7 trucks.
It's still a great cycle ride up and down although I prefer the ascent even at my slow pace where there is no passing traffic, most of the time, its very quiet and you hear loads of animal sounds ...only spied one great hornbill yesterday
For those who do not know there has been a master plan including a model of the planned construction up there for many years now its in a building just past the old gatehouse.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:42 am Another strike against natural habitats and biological diversity, which is becoming a very important issue around the world. Cf. zoonotic diseases https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-shee ... l/zoonoses.

I have never been up there but I would imagine that any birds, bats, insects and other animals would be forced out, or forced into sharing what earth, plants and trees are left with the (self-) destructive humans. However, the developers and buyers won't give conservation a moment's thought.
They'll take the money and run.
It won't be their problem.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Ex-Governor of Pailin Province Granted Land in Bokor National Park
24 September, 2021
In a separate decree, the government granted 136 hectares in Kampot province to Phan Chanthul and the Prekthnot 171 (Kampot) Development company. The decree says Chanthul is the company’s director, though he is not listed as such under Commerce Ministry records.

Some 73 hectares of the allocation is forest cover in the Bokor National Park, and is located near the Kampot coast. The land is in Prek Tnoat commune, formerly in Toek Chhou district and this year was moved to the newly formed Bokor city.

Commune chief Kong Bunrea said he did not know the plans for the area, though it was one of three major companies developing in the area. The land had already been occupied and de facto privatized, he said.

“[He] had bought and sold and transferred, and [we] gave the rights to him,” Bunrea said, adding that Chanthul was formerly the governor of Pailin province. Chanthul could not be reached for comment on Friday.

Chanthul was replaced as governor in December and was reportedly transferred to the Interior Ministry as an undersecretary of state.
https://vodenglish.news/ex-governor-pro ... tate-land/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic