Why the lack of a desire for answers surrounding covid?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
JBTrain
Expatriate

Re: Why the lack of a desire for answers surrounding covid?

Post by JBTrain »

nerdlinger wrote:
TWY wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:54 pm I know the global Marxists hate it when the light of truth is shined upon Communism. From Stalin to Mao to Pol Pot, it is nothing but failure and death.

Again, The CCP is totally responsible for the global pandemic. They are the enemy of all freedom loving people.

Perfect:-)

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

TWY wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:01 pm
ali baba wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:10 pm Covid is a force of nature so there's no one to blame.
Deaths were spread out over 18+ months.
Even if patient zero contracted it in a lab it wouldn't change anything anyway.
------------------------

Force of nature? I don't think so.

Humans, more specifically the CCP leadership of China knew for 2 and a half weeks that the virus was being transmitted from human to human and they lied about it and applied all available political pressure to keep international travel from China open. Why? To ensure the pain was shared.

They are the enemy of all freedom loving people. And they are responsible for the pandemic. Somehow African strongmen are able to alert the world when there is an ebola outbreak and shut things down, but the CCP made a political calculation that it was better for the virus to spread to everyone than for them to suffer alone.

The Wuhan lab produced it and the CCP ensured all humanity would suffer.

https://www.newsweek.com/wuhan-lab-want ... ow-1631784
For sure, the CCP dropped the ball in the initial stages and that's on them. I can imagine how it probably played out.. It was Chinese New Year - the biggest human migration on Earth - lower officials would have been shitting themselves realising they had to tell their superiors they might need to cancel CNY and piss off over a billion people because there seemed to be a nasty case of the flu (that's what everyone thought in the initial stages remember) going around. And so they were slow to act. I'm sure there was a lot of arse covering and trying to ignore the problem going on as is normal with any crisis there.

But then, after the news came out and the world knew the situation our politicians did nothing. In some cases they deliberately played down the risk, told the world it was nothing, ignore it and it'll go away... carry on going out there and spending people. To this day there are still politicians and citizens actively encouraging the spread of the virus. They do everything they can to stop people wearing masks, getting the vaccines, social distancing to try to stamp it out when it gets into a community.

At this point I think playing the blame game is pointless because nobody is without fault here but if I was to go down that path I'd put the blame squarely on the people who, when the virus could have contained deliberately took actions to ensure it would continue to spread worldwide and mutate, and they did this - and still are - knowing full well what the situation was.

China (and possibly the US) was playing with matches and accidentally started a fire, the rest of the world refused to put out the sparks from that fire when they started falling in their back yards - in fact they poured gas on the fire and wouldn't let people fight the fire in their back yard - and now the whole town is on fire.
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

TWY wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:01 pmHumans, more specifically the CCP leadership of China knew for 2 and a half weeks that the virus was being transmitted from human to human and they lied about it and applied all available political pressure to keep international travel from China open. Why? To ensure the pain was shared
That's a bold claim. Do you have any evidence to back it up?
________

A post I made awhile ago seems relevant to the discussion:

I was reading up on SARS-CoV-1 today. (the one from 2004) and it was reassuring to learn that 4 people contracted it as a result of lab accidents. 1 in Singapore, 1 Taipei and 2 in Beijing.

Researchers from Wuhan Institute of Virology (where have I heard that name before?) tracked the disease to a cave in Yunnan and reported "another deadly outbreak of SARS could emerge at any time. The cave where they discovered their strain is only a kilometre from the nearest village, and genetic mixing among the viral strains is fast."

It's like reading a horror story that's heavy on foreshadowing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severe_ac ... idemiology
Scarier than malaria.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Random Dude wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:47 am
TWY wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:01 pm
ali baba wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:10 pm Covid is a force of nature so there's no one to blame.
Deaths were spread out over 18+ months.
Even if patient zero contracted it in a lab it wouldn't change anything anyway.
------------------------

Force of nature? I don't think so.

Humans, more specifically the CCP leadership of China knew for 2 and a half weeks that the virus was being transmitted from human to human and they lied about it and applied all available political pressure to keep international travel from China open. Why? To ensure the pain was shared.

They are the enemy of all freedom loving people. And they are responsible for the pandemic. Somehow African strongmen are able to alert the world when there is an ebola outbreak and shut things down, but the CCP made a political calculation that it was better for the virus to spread to everyone than for them to suffer alone.

The Wuhan lab produced it and the CCP ensured all humanity would suffer.

https://www.newsweek.com/wuhan-lab-want ... ow-1631784
For sure, the CCP dropped the ball in the initial stages and that's on them. I can imagine how it probably played out.. It was Chinese New Year - the biggest human migration on Earth - lower officials would have been shitting themselves realising they had to tell their superiors they might need to cancel CNY and piss off over a billion people because there seemed to be a nasty case of the flu (that's what everyone thought in the initial stages remember) going around. And so they were slow to act. I'm sure there was a lot of arse covering and trying to ignore the problem going on as is normal with any crisis there.

But then, after the news came out and the world knew the situation our politicians did nothing. In some cases they deliberately played down the risk, told the world it was nothing, ignore it and it'll go away... carry on going out there and spending people. To this day there are still politicians and citizens actively encouraging the spread of the virus. They do everything they can to stop people wearing masks, getting the vaccines, social distancing to try to stamp it out when it gets into a community.

At this point I think playing the blame game is pointless because nobody is without fault here but if I was to go down that path I'd put the blame squarely on the people who, when the virus could have contained deliberately took actions to ensure it would continue to spread worldwide and mutate, and they did this - and still are - knowing full well what the situation was.

China (and possibly the US) was playing with matches and accidentally started a fire, the rest of the world refused to put out the sparks from that fire when they started falling in their back yards - in fact they poured gas on the fire and wouldn't let people fight the fire in their back yard - and now the whole town is on fire.
^ Exactly this.
Everyone claiming the CPP made a strategic decision in their favor uses hindsight knowledge. The CPP and Western governments hardly knew what they were dealing at that time, and to be honest there's still way too much that isn't clear.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

xandreu wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:21 pm Never mind the many other questions that need to be answered, especially surrounding China's initial response, just that one single fact that the first case of covid just happened to occur in one of the only three cities in the world that carries out the type of research that makes outbreaks like this possible, warrants a full and thorough investigation. In anyone's book. Surely?

Didn't Italy and France detect covid-19 (antibodies?) in tissue and blood taken months before the Wuhan outbreak?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic