Cambodian Mining Licenses Open for Bidding 2020

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian Mining Licenses Open for Bidding 2020

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Mine Exploration Licences Open for Public Bidding
AKP Phnom Penh, March 26, 2020 --

Ministry of Mines and Energy announced to open for applications for public bidding on mine exploration licences in four areas in three provinces.

According to a recent announcement, the four areas cover cumulatively 794 square kilometres in the provinces of Preah Vihear, Oddar Meanchey and Mondulkiri.

The ministry added that local and international companies shall submit their applications from the date of announcement till April 30, 2020. The result will be announced publicly after the procedures were taken completely.

H.E. Yos Minorath, Director-General of Mines and Spokesman at the Ministry of Mines and Energy, said that two areas in Preah Vihear and Oddar Meanchey provinces are for copper exploration and the other two areas in Mondulkiri province for gold exploration.

Currently, 39 mine exploration licenses have been issued to private companies to conduct exploration in Cambodia.

The Renaissance Minerals (Cambodia), a subsidiary of Emerald Resources NL, received an Industrial Mining License in 2018 and is scheduled to start mining gold in Mondulkiri province’s Keo Seima district soon.

By Chea Vannak
https://www.akp.gov.kh/post/detail/28636
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Re: Cambodian Mining Licenses Open for Bidding 2020

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Shall we form a consortium and make a bid?
Float it on stock exchange, put out some glowing reports about "great promise" and "excellent early indications"
- then quietly dump our own stake and make a fortune.
That's all you have to do - seriously.

You watch, that's exactly what most of the other bidders ^^^ will be doing.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

40 Licensed Goldmine Companies Operate in Cambodia: Ministry’s Report
21/04/20 21:56
Phnom Penh (FN), Apr. 21 – Director General of General Department of Mineral Resources Yos Mony Rath said the Kingdom is home to 40 licensed gold mining companies, speaking at the press conference of the Ministry of Mines and Energy on Tuesday.

The total capital in the mining sector, registered by both domestic and international investor, stood at USD 1.1 billion as of 2019, according to the director-general.
=FRESH NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:35 am Shall we form a consortium and make a bid?
Float it on stock exchange, put out some glowing reports about "great promise" and "excellent early indications"
- then quietly dump our own stake and make a fortune.
That's all you have to do - seriously.

You watch, that's exactly what most of the other bidders ^^^ will be doing.
Would you say it was a gamble? You could be so right in what the bidders do, would it be for a quick return or turn over using this type of method, or would you think its not worth the weight in gold they will pay to secure the bid. Then I will add I once knew of a geophysical type of fellow who knew his work very well, being what he is, years of his technique and exploration in these areas. He said to me, "Andy theirs gold in them hills".
Always "hope" but never "expect".
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Mine Exploration Areas in Two provinces Open for Bidding
AKP Phnom Penh, September 09, 2020 --

Ministry of Mines and Energy has called for interested national and international companies to apply for mine exploration licenses in the areas of more than 200 hectares in Thbong Khmum and Rattanakiri provinces.

In an announcement issued recently, the ministry said that of the area, 107 square kilometres is located in Memut district, Thbong Khmum province and 100 square kilometres in O’ Yadao district, Rattanakiri province.

The applications must be submitted to the ministry no later than Oct. 5 and the ministry will announce publicly the winners after the working process completed.

About 40 mine exploration licenses have been so far issued to explore potential non-mantel mines across the country, according to the ministry.

Renaissance Minerals (Cambodia), a subsidiary of Australian-listed Emerald Resources has recently said it planned to extract gold next year in Mondulkiri province.

By Chea Vannak
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Top Stock Picks

Buy Notice
- shares in your local cyanide supplier

Sell Notice
- your farm. fishing boat and budding nature tour biz
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:36 pm Mine Exploration Areas in Two provinces Open for Bidding
AKP Phnom Penh, September 09, 2020 --

Ministry of Mines and Energy has called for interested national and international companies to apply for mine exploration licenses in the areas of more than 200 hectares in Thbong Khmum and Rattanakiri provinces.

In an announcement issued recently, the ministry said that of the area, 107 square kilometres is located in Memut district, Thbong Khmum province and 100 square kilometres in O’ Yadao district, Rattanakiri province.

The applications must be submitted to the ministry no later than Oct. 5 and the ministry will announce publicly the winners after the working process completed.

About 40 mine exploration licenses have been so far issued to explore potential non-mantel mines across the country, according to the ministry.

Renaissance Minerals (Cambodia), a subsidiary of Australian-listed Emerald Resources has recently said it planned to extract gold next year in Mondulkiri province.
By Chea Vannak
- AKP
UPDATE
Hunt for Gold is on in Tboung Khmum Province
BY: Ou Sokmean and Meng Seavmey September 18, 2021 10:36 AM
Australian exploration company expands from Mondulkiri operation
PHNOM PENH--Renaissance Mineral (Cambodia) Limited is to explore for gold from a mine in the Memot District of Tboung Khmum province.

The project was established after the company started operating Cambodia’s first gold mine construction site and refinery in Kaev Seima district of Mondulkiri province four months ago.

The Australian company received a three-year mineral exploration permit from the Ministry of Mines and Energy on January 27 to study 107sqkm of land in Memot district.

Ung Dipola, deputy director-general of the ministry's general department of mineral resources, said that as the first step, the company went to check its authorized location with the exploration and environment team.

It also met the local authority to introduce itself and promote the exploration project.

The company will begin exploration in the Memot region after the Environment Ministry approves its environmental and social impact assessment, Dipola said.
https://cambodianess.com/article/hunt-f ... m-province

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

New Gold Mining Company Starts Trial Operation in Preah Vihear Province
AKP Phnom Penh, August 10, 2022 --
Delcom Campuchea Plc., a joint venture between local and Chinese investors, has started its trial operation in Preah Vihear northern province since early August, extracting about 20 kilogrammes of gold ore.

The company started gold extraction since Aug. 4, said H.E. Ung Dipola, Director General of Mineral Resources at the Ministry of Mines and Energy, during a press conference held here on Aug. 9.

“It is a medium-sized company that is capable of producing around 340 kilogrammes of gold per year,” he added, stressing that the yearly royalty income from the firm is expected at US$0.6 million.
- AKP

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

January 26, 2023
Gold refines reach 5.3 tons in 2022, paying nearly $10M in tax
Chea Vanyuth / Khmer Times
Cambodia’s four gold companies refined around 5,300 kg of gold ore, a semi-finished product that is smelted at a mine, as of 2022, paying royalties of $8 million and $1.5 million as tax income, a report from the Ministry of Economy and Finance showed yesterday.

Cambodia’s four gold companies refined around 5,300 kg of gold ore, a semi-finished product that is smelted at a mine, as of 2022, paying royalties of $8 million and $1.5 million as tax income, a report from the Ministry of Economy and Finance showed yesterday.

Renaissance Minerals Cambodia Limited, a subsidiary of the Australia-listed Renaissance, took the lead, an official of the ministry said in a public forum on Macroeconomic Management and Budget Law 2023 at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

“The four gold producers refined around 5,300 kg of gold ore and the royalty income from the gold production so far reached $8 million and $1.5 million as tax income,” he said.

The gold mining companies have been operating in four provinces: Mondulkiri, Ratanakiri, Battambang and Preah Vihear.

They are Renaissance Minerals in Mondulkiri province, Xinshan Industrial Cambodia in Preah Vihear province, Xing Yuan Kanng Yeak in Kratie province and Delcom Kampuchea in Preah Vihear province.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501226405/ ... 0m-in-tax/

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Gold ore? I don't think so.

Low-grade ore produces about 2 grams per ton (g/t), and high-grade produced about 10 g/t. Let's be generous and say they got 5 g/t. 5.3 x 5 = 26.5 grams, less than 1 troy ounce.

If they mean pure gold, not gold ore, that would yield: 5300 kilos x $55,000 per kilo = $291,500,000.

If that is correct then the people of Cambodia got $9.5 million, or 3.26%. Nothing to shout about really.

The article keeps saying "gold ore", and the company claims they will have a cash flow of $185m a year on 3 tons per year of "gold ore". That cash flow needs 3 tons of pure gold, not ore.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic