Why the lack of a desire for answers surrounding covid?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Why the lack of a desire for answers surrounding covid?

Post by xandreu »

Covid has so far killed more people than both world wars combined. And then some. It makes the holocaust look like a fairground accident and Pol Pots Cambodia an administration error. Yet we still speak of these horrific events in world history (quite rightly) with the same shock and disbelief as they did when they were first discovered to have happened.

With covid, we are talking about an event that has killed millions and millions and millions of people worldwide. It has torn families apart and left millions of children orphaned. It has bought economies to their knees. It has dragged many developing countries back decades. It has caused and continues to cause riots and civil unrest across the globe. It is the most defining era of all of our lifetimes, massively dwarfing events such as 9/11 (which went on to start two wars, one of which lasted 20 years) and yet, despite very credible (but as of yet, unproven) accusations that this was not an unpreventable event of natural origin, not a single person, organisation, company nor state has been, nor is likely to be, held accountable.

Am I the only ne who finds that incredibly questionable? Of course, the issue does crop up in the media from time to time, granted, but with no-where near the urgency one would expect for a global event of this magnitude. Where is the full, thorough, proper, no-holds-barred inquiry into what exactly has gone on here? Why is Dr. Fauci still in a job, given the number of accusations against him? I know that China seems to hold most of the keys to the locks on this one and they don't give up those keys lightly, but the rest of the world seems to be just shrugging its shoulders and saying 'oh well, there's nothing more we can do I guess'. - Seriously?

If China had detonated several nuclear bombs and destroyed Japan, killing the same number of people who have been killed by covid, and then said 'oops, sorry, we leaned on the wrong button', would the rest of the world just shrug its shoulders and say 'oh well, there's nothing more we can do then' ? Of course it wouldn't.

What's the difference? It just doesn't make sense to me.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Why the lack of a desire for answers surrounding covid?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xandreu wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:13 pm Covid has so far killed more people than both world wars combined. And then some.
No

Utterly incorrect, bordering on moronic

I sincerely hope you copied that from somewhere and didn't think it up yourself
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

xandreu wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:13 pm With covid, we are talking about an event that has killed millions and millions and millions of people worldwide.

'incredibly questionable'
With respect, death toll is currently 4.8 million approx.
That's less than the 6 million usually accepted as the Holocaust toll.

Dunno what the quoted phrase means...has some cryptic meaning maybe?

:hattip:
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

WW1 20 million dead, WW2 75 million dead.

Covid has some way to go still ...
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Railroad wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:32 pm
xandreu wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:13 pm With covid, we are talking about an event that has killed millions and millions and millions of people worldwide.

'incredibly questionable'
With respect, death toll is currently 4.8 million approx.
That's less than the 6 million usually accepted as the Holocaust toll.

Dunno what the quoted phrase means...has some cryptic meaning maybe?

:hattip:
Usually the accepted toll is 1.4m
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Ok I clearly got my 'cases' and 'deaths' mixed up, but we're still talking about millions of unnecessary deaths...
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

xandreu wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:46 pm Ok I clearly got my 'cases' and 'deaths' mixed up, but we're still talking about millions of unnecessary deaths...
There’s millions of unnecessary deaths every year since whenever. The overall death rate since COVID isn’t that much higher.
People of the world, spice up your life.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Why the lack of a desire for answers? There's been many questions asked, but the commitment of gaining a answer, no one seems to want fully. It's probably that the answer expected would lead to the deaths of many more millions.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
reggie perrin's dad
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by reggie perrin's dad »

Covid is a disease which is out of our control.

The holocaust and Pol Pot's genocidal madness were mass murder.

Apart from some numerical similarities, why would you compare them?
ali baba
Expatriate

Post by ali baba »

Covid is a force of nature so there's no one to blame.
Deaths were spread out over 18+ months.
Even if patient zero contracted it in a lab it wouldn't change anything anyway.
Scarier than malaria.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic