Goodbye Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Goodbye Cambodia

Post by Shazza »

Today I lost my husband, lover, and my best friend of 36 years. He was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumour in late January, and was given 8/ 17 months, he had no symptoms, no headaches no, nothing. Just so very sad, I looked after him at home for 4 months, but got to difficult at the end. I stayed mostly at the hospital with him, I work at the hospital, so it made it easier, but was not working at time, I took 6 months off. We talked,laughed and cried alot. The biggest thing we talked about was Cambodia, we tried to visit twice a year, Grant just loved it. Probably one of the last things he said before he passed was, goodbye Cambodia, he was very sad, he would not be going back. So this is why I have not posted in a long time, but I did read some CEO,just for a pick me up, very entertaining and a good laugh when I needed it the most, so thank you. Shazza 🙁💔
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Goodbye Cambodia

Post by Darkcel »

Tonight's beers are for Grant, good luck to you.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Thanks for sharing. All the best to you! 🙏
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
bona eek
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by bona eek »

Don't think we ever met but your experience resonates with me a little because I spent eight months visiting on a daily basis my much beloved uncle when he was in a hospice.

Heartfelt condolences to you and your family
"I'm consumed with apathy"
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

So sad to read this.

I hope that there's a great big Cambodia up there somewhere.

Can't imagine what you are going through, but am sure it would have been your husband's greatest wish that you may find strength and brightness ahead.

Rest easily Grant, and very best wishes for you.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

Thank you all for the wishes and condolences, I knew it was coming, but it's hard when it happens. I hope some of you are having a nice liquid refreshment tonight, because I bloody will. Look out for your family and loved ones, and stay safe 💞🍺🥂
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Crazy Cambodia. This one's for you Shazza. Condolences from the CEO News team.

Asleep at the Wheel
Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On September 18, 2021, at 15:00 pm on Tumnop Teuk 70 Street, Sangkat Boeung Kok, a traffic law enforcement officer was caught off guard while he was on duty directing the congested traffic, when an unconscious man, Thlok Sokchamroeun, 41 years old who was driving a Toyota Prius (PNH 2Q-7987), did not stop his vehicle when he was ordered to do so.

The officer was had nowhere to escape from the oncoming car, he jumped onto the hood and clanged on for his dear life. This incident was caused by the mentioned driver who was falling unconscious and lost his vision and continued to drive slowly without noticing the officer.

Luckily, the nearby drivers and pedestrians woke up the driver by honking and calling him to get his attention. After the incident, the driver was detained, with his car towed and he was checked for his condition and alcohol level. (No alcohol found.)
The driver admitted to his fault, signed a disciplinary education contract, and made a public apology to the officer and the public.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Condolences Shazza. Enjoy the memories you both had when visiting here.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic