Kampot Expat Woman Attacked by Bag Snatchers at Midday (UPDATED)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Kampot Expat Woman Attacked by Bag Snatchers at Midday (UPDATED)

Post by mannanman »

Grand Barong wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:55 am
mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:09 am Dude. Carry on with your utter nonsense. You look really good.
"Dude"? you 16?
No, sorry to disappoint you. Maybe flirt with people your own age?

Good luck
People of the world, spice up your life.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:58 am
Grand Barong wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:55 am
mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:09 am Dude. Carry on with your utter nonsense. You look really good.
"Dude"? you 16?
No, sorry to disappoint you. Maybe flirt with people your own age?

Good luck
Have a nice day Mannamwoman... I mean Dude
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Grand Barong wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 am
mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:48 am
Grand Barong wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:42 am
mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:33 am Even in small towns in any European town a lone female out in the early hours is just looking for trouble.
It's a sad reflection on society that you think a lone female out in the early hours is "looking for trouble"
Oh please stop your virtue signalling it’s cringeworthy.

If my young daughter was out at that time she’d be grounded for a year.
It’s just common sense not to put yourself in danger. It’d be the same for a 50yo guy who was so slashed he could barely keep his moto upright.
If he was mugged and someone said “You had it coming mate” what would you say? Yes, no white night coming to his defence.

These young woman are adults and should use basic common sense.
Yes they are young women.... strange how you compare that to your "young daughter" who you would ground for a year??
Women of all ages should have a safe right of passage home after a late night out, but obviously not in your eyes..

"Virtue signalling"? lol look up the definition mate, your attempts to sound like some type of intellect using this ridiculous phrase is just embarrassing. :please:
Typical of those blaming the females for "lacking common sense"... These are tired male responses to a situation in which women are helpless victims of bad male behavior... How many of the Kampot attackers were females? Can you ask yourself that?

And -- how long will it take for the male species to evolve to the point where it is simply safe for women to go outside for a walk or ride anywhere on this Earth? A woman should be free to walk the streets at any hour. But I guess the dark ages are not over in the UK, Australia and much of middle Europe. Statistically, only women in Scandinavian countries like Denmark can safely walk out at night...

BTW: my best old school girlfriends from my childhood in Canada were travelling the world solo as soon as they got out of high school to places like India when they were only eighteen years old -- way back in the 80s... So, if I had a daughter, I would encourage her to be brave and travel the world by herself...

So, as for "cave mannanman" -- your talk of "grounding" a young woman for going out merely reflects your patriarchal condescension and also proves you are a victim-blamer...! You can have your cheaply-bought local wife, or you can pay your sluts a low or a high fee -- as you see fit... But even after all that -- you still think you haven't got enough power over women...!?

The lack of self-awareness among the male species is leading directly towards our extinction. Better help speed up our demise, go out and buy another gaz-guzzling SUV -- just so you can feel safe after 10 P.M. in Kampot! Brave knights of the daddy-knows-best dimwit male game!

Do you really think the ladies in Kampot want to be told by some cranky daddy-pop to stay at home after ten!? I really don't think so, bro!!!
Last edited by orichá on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

orichá wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:22 am
Grand Barong wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 am
mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:48 am
Grand Barong wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:42 am
mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:33 am Even in small towns in any European town a lone female out in the early hours is just looking for trouble.
It's a sad reflection on society that you think a lone female out in the early hours is "looking for trouble"
Oh please stop your virtue signalling it’s cringeworthy.

If my young daughter was out at that time she’d be grounded for a year.
It’s just common sense not to put yourself in danger. It’d be the same for a 50yo guy who was so slashed he could barely keep his moto upright.
If he was mugged and someone said “You had it coming mate” what would you say? Yes, no white night coming to his defence.

These young woman are adults and should use basic common sense.
Yes they are young women.... strange how you compare that to your "young daughter" who you would ground for a year??
Women of all ages should have a safe right of passage home after a late night out, but obviously not in your eyes..

"Virtue signalling"? lol look up the definition mate, your attempts to sound like some type of intellect using this ridiculous phrase is just embarrassing. :please:
Typical of those blaming the females for "lacking common sense"... These are tired male responses to a situation in which women are helpless victims of bad male behavior... How many of the Kampot attackers were females? Can you ask yourself that?

And -- how long will it take for the male species to evolve to the point where it is simply safe for women to go outside for a walk or ride anywhere on this Earth? A woman should be free to walk the streets at any hour. But I guess the dark ages are not over in the UK, Australia and much of middle Europe. Statistically, only women in Scandinavian countries like Denmark can safely walk out at night...

BTW: my best old school girlfriends from my childhood in Canada were travelling the world solo as soon as they got out of high school to places like India when they were only eighteen years old -- way back in the 90s... So, if I had a daughter, I would encourage her to be brave and travel the world by herself...

So, as for "cave mannanman" -- your talk of "grounding" a young woman for going out merely reflects your patriarchal condescension and also proves you are a victim-blamer...! You can have your cheaply-bought local wife, or you can pay your sluts a low or a high fee -- as you see fit... But even after all that -- you still think you haven't got enough power over women...!?

The lack of self-awareness among the male species is leading directly towards our extinction. Better help speed up our demise, go out and buy another gaz-guzzling SUV -- just so you can feel safe after 10 P.M. in Kampot! Brave knights of the daddy-knows-best dimwit male game!

Do you really think the ladies in Kampot want to be told by some cranky daddy-pop to stay at home after ten!? I really don't think so, bro!!!
yay for unicorns and pixies..
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Holy crap.
Hoping that ALL men of the world will stop attacking or terrorising women isn’t going to happen. Ever. Just because I have a view on these issues doesn’t make me a caveman.
Besides which it also doesn’t mean I’m not aware of the situation and attitude towards violence against women.

If you really care about this you’d go down to Kampot, dress as a woman and roam around provocatively in the early hours hoping to catch a beastly man and beat him senseless with your stiletto. Or maybe donate or help a local women’s charity.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

mannanman wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:35 am
If you really care about this you’d go down to Kampot, dress as a woman and roam around provocatively in the early hours hoping to catch a beastly man and beat him senseless with your stiletto.
Somebody tried that already. :OD:
The cunning 'German man in a dress' plan...
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:21 am More from the KT article above:
Many in the expat community say they are putting their faith in the police, although alternate ideas have popped up on a Facebook message group, including baiting potential criminals into traps by appearing as helpless victims.

Aside from one night during which a German expat man put on a dress and rode his bicycle around the Salt Workers roundabout to lure thieves, no cases of potential traps have been reported.

The German said he didn’t have much of a plan if the plan were to work – which it didn’t – but said his goal was to turn them into the police.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Is it still victim blaming if the victim does something so incredibly stupid one wonders how they managed to even get to Cambodia in the first place?

Wandering around at 3am in the morning anywhere in the world is going to end in trouble sooner or later.
It is all about COMMON SENSE
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

IraHayes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:21 pm Is it still victim blaming if the victim does something so incredibly stupid one wonders how they managed to even get to Cambodia in the first place?

Wandering around at 3am in the morning anywhere in the world is going to end in trouble sooner or later.
It is all about COMMON SENSE
I don’t believe it is victim blaming to call someone out for ignoring a commonly acknowledged danger.
In a perfect world we could all wander about freely at 3am, but the reality is the world, including Cambodia, is far from perfect.
Most would agree that it is risky for folk, especially women, to walk around alone late at night, to pretend otherwise is foolish.
Of course we’d also agree that it shouldn’t have to be risky, but it is, so don’t act like it isn’t.
We should regulate our actions/behavior for how the situation actually is here, not for how we think it should be. (that goes for wherever we may be in the world)
I don’t know what the solution is to this problem, but common sense should be exercised until one is found.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:46 am Completely dark. No street lights. No home lights. Between Salt workers roundabout driving to the other roundabout near Kep Rd.

I had a smoke in my hand while driving. My bag like ALWAYS, it's in my trunk. I noticed someone driving on a bike right behind me on the left. I started to slow down so they can drive by (I was a little nervous).

Instead of driving past, this Khmer guy sped just a little ahead of me and parked his bike Infront of me, so I was not able to pass.

It was harmless at first he just asked for a smoke. I said no (who in the right mind would say yes let me get a cigarettes for you. Let me hop off my bike open up the trunk of my bike in a dark area to open up my purse to reach in and get a smoke. LOL that doesn't leave me vulnerable at all).

There was a little room for me to zoom on the right. This continued to happen but he got more aggressive. Each time giving me a little less space to drive past him. .

Started driving around my bike in circles as I was driving making it harder for me to continue driving. This time he wasn't asking for a cigarette he was trying to demand a blowjob or sex.

Somehow there was a space behind me so I backed my bike up and sped down a different street where he continued to sped after me.

The road this is alleged to have happened upon is only a few hundred meters long and well streetlit. It also has functional cctv coverage

She must have been walking pushing her bike for this guy to allegedly be able to be "driving his bike around my bike in circles as I was driving making it harder for me to continue driving" otherwise I think such a thing couldn't happen as she tells it

That cctv would make more sense than the noticeboard post
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

There’s no lights on that street now for some reason.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic