Lightweight Electric Vehicles

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Lightweight Electric Vehicles

Post by nemo »

These are selling about $1650, they seem to be selling quite a few. Li batteries and 1000 watt motor. Anyone try one?
beaker
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Lightweight Electric Vehicles

Post by beaker »

Are you sure they use Li-ion batteries ?
If they do then probably either very cheap Chinese batteries that don't last long or they have a limited range. Good batteries are expensive and in very short supply during these Covid-days.
1000w motor is also on the weak side=slow. That is the same wattage as my bike which has a speed of ~40kph using a 52v battery.
Speaking very basically Voltage=speed, battery amperage=distance and motor amperage=power.
All that being said I would love to have one that is properly set up as not to be a traffic hazard.
Just off the top of my head I would say 3000w motor, 60 v battery at ~60-100 amps but then you run into problems with handling and stability.
"i'm the one who has to die, when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way i want to"
jimi hendrix
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

1000w is too small for the weight of that plus how about parts?
There’s scooters around that are 2000 and 3000w.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

nemo wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:36 pm These are selling about $1650, they seem to be selling quite a few. Li batteries and 1000 watt motor. Anyone try one?
No leg room for the rear seat, any passenger riding on it would have to be “legs akimbo” with their right foot resting on the floor mounted dildo holster.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

What about drifts & wheelings ?
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

The roof is superfluous. You’ll still get soaked.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

mannanman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:03 am The roof is superfluous. You’ll still get soaked.
Hardly superfluous in a country as hot and sunny as Cambodia.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:11 am
mannanman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:03 am The roof is superfluous. You’ll still get soaked.
Possibly correct Chadster. I guess you’ll get a bit of protection from those UV rays.

Plus you’ll look ultra cool 😎.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

mannanman wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:15 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:11 am
Possibly correct Chadster. I guess you’ll get a bit of protection from those UV rays.

Plus you’ll look ultra cool 😎.
I always look ultra cool, it’s what I do 😉
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

beaker wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:05 pm Just off the top of my head I would say 3000w motor, 60 v battery at ~60-100 amps but then you run into problems with handling and stability.
I am just working on a prototype looking like a Bajaj with 3.5kW motor, 60V and 75Ah battery capable of quick charge (ordinary 8-10 hours at home, so that the plug doesn't melt and the street doesn't go dark, and at set up charging stations with sufficient power available charging at 1C). If someone is keen for early testing, drop me a message. I assume we get it on the road by end of this year, but getting parts has already delayed the whole project a lot
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic