Enraged Texan tourists attack New York restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Enraged Texan tourists attack New York restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination

Post by Clutch Cargo »

A trio of Texas women beat up a hostess at an Upper West Side restaurant after she asked for their COVID-19 vaccination cards, police said Friday.

The violence broke out around 4:50 p.m. Thursday when the women asked to be seated inside Carmine's on Broadway. The hostess asked for their vaccine cards — a form of proof required under New York City's latest vaccine mandate — and the women freaked out, officials said.

The enraged tourists pounded the 24-year-old restaurant hostess like a piece of veal, and ripped off her necklace, police said. She was treated at the scene but was not badly hurt.

"She's extremely shook up," Carmine's owner Jeffrey Bank said of the victim on Friday. "It's inexcusable, ridiculous."

The tourists — Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin, 44, and Tyonnie Keshay Rankin, 21, both from Humble, along with Sally Rechelle Lewis, 49, of Houston — were given desk appearance tickets for assault, and released.

Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin said she and her party were not the aggressors.

"I'm 100 per cent innocent," she told The New York Daily News. "I'm going to talk to my lawyer and see what he allows me to say. But I can tell you It's not true."

Longer read: https://www.traveller.com.au/travel-and ... ion-h1yoh2
Random Dude
Expatriate

Re: Enraged Texan tourists attack New York restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination

Post by Random Dude »

It doesn't matter where you go in the world, peasants will make themselves known. And not related but that guy in the video needs to pull his pants up, he looks stupid.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Enraged Texan tourists attack New York restaurant hostess after she asked for proof of vaccination

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Another one..

bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Let's just be happy he was wearing underpants.
The Judge
BANNED
Cambodia

Post by The Judge »

..., a microcosm of BLM. Punks. [Mod edit: no need for offensive term]
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

That's just Texans sayin howdy like Back Home.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

No guesses as to what they're talking about with 'high stakes' after ^^

As Australia charges towards vaccine passports, retailers and restaurants are worried about ‘high stakes’ customer interactions

Retailers and hospitality venues across New South Wales and Victoria are bracing for a new pandemic challenge: belligerent customers who refuse to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, and a lack of guidance over incoming vaccine passports.

Speaking to The Australian, Super Retail Group CEO Anthony Heraghty voiced fears for store staff tasked with upholding those requirements. “Customer abuse is not a new phenomenon but we have absolutely seen increases of instances,” Heraghty said.

Speaking to Sky News Australia earlier this month, Business Council of Australia chief executive Jennifer Westacott said Australia cannot ask business to “be the police.” “You can’t ask small business to take the role of law enforcement,” she said. “That’s not their job.”

Full: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/reta ... rt-clarity
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Sports people are being kicked off the teams for not being vaccinated in NZ and Aus ,
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I recall being asked for ID in Fort Worth and Dallas, just to enter a bar. I’m graced with eternal youthful good looks* but even I haven’t looked under 18 since I was 14 or 15. When in your mid forties someone asks for ID, it seems a tad …..odd.
So it should be no surprise to Texicans that ID might be asked for.

Now! Not wanting to type cast, and at immense risk of being ostracised, but it was no surprise the shape and demeanour of the first ‘customer’ that was deposited outside by mrBigRedPants. Just saying…

*Ira, doc and that lawyer dude- stop sniggering at the back!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic