Jab-wary Nicki Minaj’s ‘swollen testicle’ vaccine claims put White House on the spot

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Jab-wary Nicki Minaj’s ‘swollen testicle’ vaccine claims put White House on the spot

Post by Clutch Cargo »

The White House has responded again to spitfire rapper Nicki Minaj’s claim that she was invited there to discuss COVID-19 vaccines.

On Thursday, Biden administration officials doubled down by saying they had only “an early-stage call” with Minaj to answer her questions about vaccine safety.

Minaj, who made tidal waves this week with tweets expressing her doubts about COVID vaccines, told a different story on Wednesday.

“Do y’all think I would go on the internet and lie about being invited to the f-----g White House? Like what? Do you guys see what is happening right now?” Minaj said in a 14-minute Instagram Live video.

Nonetheless, the matter made its way to a White House press briefing on Thursday, where Press Secretary Jen Psaki was asked to address the discrepancy between the administration’s account and the rapper’s.

“We don’t see this as a point of tension or disagreement. I want you all to know that we engage all the time with people who have big public platforms or profiles,” Psaki said.

On social media Wednesday, Minaj shifted the narrative away from the ridicule of her cousin’s friend’s swollen testicles story and instead waded deep into race relations and real questions she had about healthcare. The Super Bass artist accused her critics of trying to “assassinate” her character.

“And guess what they’re doing right now? If they assassinate me and assassinate my character and make me look crazy or stupid, guess what, no one else will ever ask questions again. Don’t you see what’s happening?

“It’s disgusting that a person can’t speak about just questions or thoughts they’re having about something they’re gonna have to put in their body, that this attack is this hateful and purposeful.

“You see, they have to get people who just get up there [and] make women of colour look f------ dumb. They can’t deal with smart women. Whenever a smart woman challenges anything, they’re called a b---- or crazy. Pick one or both.”

The controversy — ripe fodder for Twitter memes and late-night hosts — also prompted reactions from British officials and Terrence Deyalsingh, the Trinidad & Tobago health minister, who blasted the rapper Wednesday and said he and his team “wasted so much time yesterday running down this false claim”.

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/ ... 58sie.html
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Jab-wary Nicki Minaj’s ‘swollen testicle’ vaccine claims put White House on the spot

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Jab-wary Nicki Minaj’s ‘swollen testicle’ vaccine claims put White House on the spot

Post by Ghostwriter »

Nevermind the bollocks
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

I feel sorry for nicki... because, as in the first quote:
  • "My cousin in Trinidad won’t get the vaccine cuz his friend got it & became impotent. His testicles became swollen. "
She is repeating something she heard or dreamed the night before, and if you could revive Sigmund Freud, he would simply say she was having second thoughts about having had her breasts enlarged... Hmmm....

However, when you read her rebuttal, a different personality appears, one who seems quite intelligent... But perhaps also desperate to defend her irrational claims...
  • “And guess what they’re doing right now? If they assassinate me and assassinate my character and make me look crazy or stupid, guess what, no one else will ever ask questions again. Don’t you see what’s happening?

“It’s disgusting that a person can’t speak about just questions or thoughts they’re having about something they’re gonna have to put in their body, that this attack is this hateful and purposeful.

“You see, they have to get people who just get up there [and] make women of colour look f------ dumb. They can’t deal with smart women. Whenever a smart woman challenges anything, they’re called a b---- or crazy. Pick one or both.”
It is definitely true that the prevailing social prejudice in America persists -- at least among half of American men there -- to discount female intelligence... Also, it is a fact that women of color are seriously disadvantaged in terms of educational opportunities. Nicki began life as a waitress, like a lot of singers -- jumping up from nothing on the back of good looks and an aggressive wish to win alone -- like that monstrous ego Madonna, whom one can argue -- cannot sing, never could sing, and has yet, ever ...to sing...... So what else isn't new?

Nobody is perfect and everyone has nightmares about the size of their tits or testicles now and then... In my own case, I have a dick that's statistically slightly longer than the average Caucasian male, but my testicles are probably not as large as the average Clyde who is possessed with perhaps a shorter, much thicker dick. So, is anything perfect in this world? Nope...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Chances are her cousins friend actually didn't have it but heard it from another friend who's friend had a friend that had an uncle that may or may not have thought his testicles were larger than usual at some point.

Reciting hearsay like that on such a platform with millons looking is kind of asking for it.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

In the words of Snoop Dogg.... :chin:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

In these trying times I find Nikki Minaj's words a source of solace and inspiration.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I could say many nice things about Nicki (her boobs, among other things, are great work). But she has never stricken me as very intelligent.
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic