Sorya bus Station Phnom Penh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Sorya bus Station Phnom Penh

Post by Kigna »

do you know if the sorya buses in phnom penh are active?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Sorya bus Station Phnom Penh

Post by Cooldude »

I walked by there last week and it looked pretty quiet. I really doubt that they're operating. Most of the inter province travel these days is done by companies like Virak Buntham in mini vans with very few passengers and mostly freight of some kind.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AFAIK all bus companies in Cambodia have been 'strongly requested' to suspend their big bus services.

Requested' Chinese style.

Minivans and taxis still run the tracks.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

The shared taxis get my votes for safety and comfort but also the drivers run the same route each week so they can deliver things for you too which is handy. The bus cos., the mini bus cos. and the shared taxi guys are all around that little triangle west of Central Market. The Battambang drivers are always in their area as are the Kampot drivers and so on, all the provinces are represented albeit some drivers cover more than one province. It's a few dollars more than the mini death traps cost and maybe twice as much as the big buses, or, say, the fares range from $7 to $30 one way.
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

so can you advise me which minivan? virak butam is in night market?
Kigna
BANNED
St Lucia

Post by Kigna »

Cooldude wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:43 pm I walked by there last week and it looked pretty quiet. I really doubt that they're operating. Most of the inter province travel these days is done by companies like Virak Buntham in mini vans with very few passengers and mostly freight of some kind.
Grazie, vedro' di contattarli al piu presto .
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Virak Buntham is best avoided due to safety record, particularly night buses.
Night buses in general are less safe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic