How long since you had a decent night out in a strip club / girly bar ? ?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: How long since you had a decent night out in a strip club / girly bar ? ?

Post by crob »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:03 pm He looks down in a panic at this dart that is embedded in his leg. The bar girl standing beside him breaks out laughing while pointing at it and saying "AIDS, HA!". So he ran off out the door, I never saw him again. 8-)
LoL... jeezzz I'd assume its a joke, but still, bad taste....

these dart show have always made me nervous, don't want to get a dart in the eye.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

Railroad wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:11 pm "Decent night out" & "strip/girly bar"......ain't that a contradiction in terms?
:lol: :Yahoo!: :popcorn:
Isnt contradiction in terms as well when Catholic priest preach about the family, and he"s not even allowed to grab the pussy?
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

It’s probably me, but strip clubs always seemed to me akin to mediocre coffee, or gin. They’ve got all the ingredients to suggest it should be good, but ends up disappointing as there’s something missing.

The girls are frequently bored, as previously mentioned, or better seen from a distance, in which case what’s the point? Often, at least one of the folk you’re with will go too far, things get awkward and the fun stops.
Or the bouncers and minders are constantly overbearing.

I think I was in my early twenties when I last enjoyed such a place, and in my thirties when I last went one.

I quite like a bit of banter and chat over a drink, so even girlie bars need to have engaging staff to be interesting. A flesh fest is nowhere near as interesting as a sense of humour, maybe with some light flirting, and an ability to string a sentence together. Impromptu occasions, unplanned developments are usually much more memorable and rewarding.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

Very sorry, I know that 99% of people aren't the least bit interested, but I just want to clear up a couple of things quickly about that woefully pathetic list of stories I posted.

The airport thing, it was to the stairs going up to departures, not actually to the departure lounge.

The northern copper story. I wasn't going to have a **** in a bush, I've no idea where that's even come from. I can't actually remember whether she said she was an undercover copper or just a copper. The strip club's at basement level, and I'd come up to have a smoke outside when she walks kind of slowly past. She was visiting town and she'd just been to some show or something (not a strip show !). I went to this place quite a few times, I guess 10 years ago, or a bit less. Generally had a bit of a laugh in there. So I say hi and ask her if she wants to come in for a drink and to my amazement she says yeah alright then. A few hours of fun later I think we're last to leave. I go for a piss and when I come back she's chatting to one of the strippers. Next thing I remember we're snogging again just up the road, and she says stop kissing me stop kissing me please I'm so horny. Then she tells me the stripper was telling her some scary stuff about me. Wouldn't tell me what. Then she tells me she's a copper. There's no way on God's earth she was frightened of me, we'd been making out for about 4 hours. Anyway, we start heading down to her hotel and she says I can't come in, her colleagues are there. That's the last thing I remember.

The Romanian girls, I'm a twat for even writing that because it looks like a 'boast' when actually it was fucking awful. I won't even describe it but it was probably the most viscious fight I've ever seen in my life. The one girl got her eye hurt but very very luckily I don't think it was too serious. I think there was an existing issue between them and events that night just triggered it going off the edge.
Ahyou!whyme?
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Ahyou!whyme? »

I'm pretty sure she hadn''t arranged to meet up with the stripper. From what I remember the evidence suggested that she was about 95% into guys.

By the way, not that it matters that much, but one way in which a strip club beats a girlie bar, is you're likely to get way better sounds in a strip club. That one in my story, it was a pretty small, compact place (actually used to be a wine cellar) and they had a WICKED sound system, with decent DJ playing deep house and stuff. Not the shit your ears tend to endure in a Phnom Penh girlie bar.

I reckon the first strip club I went to was in Ealing in London. I went down there a few times, around 2005. Bigger place, but also great sounds from what I remember, and like the one referred to above, a place where people would go for a night out in nice surroundings, nice furniture to lounge in, but just with some pretty girls pole dancing and stuff. I liked that place. Then I think the place I talk about above, was probably the next one I went into, I reckon maybe 2013, something like that.

Then I went on holiday one summer to an island in Greece, probably 2014, which turned out to have about 6 strip clubs on the main strip, and not long after that I started heading back to SEA.

First time I went to SEA, I didn't even go in anywhere like that. I remember seeing girls playing pool in a bar in Siem Reap. I don't know what year, but I ran a mile from the place. Wish I hadn't actually. I could have bagged a myself a proper cracker back then and saved myself a whole load of shit. Also, walked down Bangla Road without going in a bar/talking to a girl. Earliest that could've been would be 2007/8.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

Best strippers I ever seen.....in the 70's I played in a band in Yorkshire, gigs mainly in Working Mens Clubs around Bradford, Leeds, Doncaster, Armthorpe etc. Usual routine on a Sunday lunchtime was : band on for 30 mins, then bingo, then a stripper. Sometimes a stand-up comic. Lubricated with multiple pints of Tetleys. Repeat the sequence again, then everyone drive home drunk on Sunday afternoon. Those girls put up with so much sh*t from the northern assholes, but they were great entertainers. Sexy and funny at the same time.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

OP must be bored shitless. Like 50 posts in two days.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

hdgh29 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:38 am Best strippers I ever seen.....in the 70's I played in a band in Yorkshire, gigs mainly in Working Mens Clubs around Bradford, Leeds, Doncaster, Armthorpe etc. Usual routine on a Sunday lunchtime was : band on for 30 mins, then bingo, then a stripper. Sometimes a stand-up comic. Lubricated with multiple pints of Tetleys. Repeat the sequence again, then everyone drive home drunk on Sunday afternoon. Those girls put up with so much sh*t from the northern assholes, but they were great entertainers. Sexy and funny at the same time.
You got that down to a T. I had seen my first ever strip show in a small pub in Bradford, just off Manningham lane, funny my friends band always put on a gig in that area for St Pat's night. Tetleys, now I must admit I miss a pint or two of a good bitter. Has for northern assholes, yes, there are a few, but the strippers were probably northerner's too, most of our girls were hard but good natured, but then again they could be assholes, it could be said what side of the fence you may stand.
Working Mens Clubs were all the go, beer, entertainment, such has snooker, beer and dominoes, beer bingo and bands, beer, and also coach trips out to the coast. But in general lots of beer and the drive home on Sunday afternoon. I think that was the turning point of the law, drink driving, not a good mixture, it happened so often, being that it was normality to do so. My friend pulled out of the Working Mens Club car park one evening, after staggering to the car he struggled to put the key in the minis door, on joining the main road he never saw the petrol tanker, that was a sight, the tanker went over the little mini, cut it in half. Luckily my friend survived the ordeal, and stopped drinking and driving.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic